The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

NUFC Forum
Weather so far - Printable Version

+- NUFC Forum (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge Bar (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General chat (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Weather so far (/showthread.php?tid=20)

Pages: 1 2 3

Weather so far - surreymag - 03-04-2018

Has been proper shite. Let’s hope for better soon my grass looks awful need some sunshine to dry it out that’s the grass I’m talking about. Big Grin

RE: Weather so far - surreymag - 05-04-2018

If no one else is going to comment I will talk to myself. It’s sunny today not sure what to do as we are not used to such weather. Big Grin

RE: Weather so far - sossujrurl - 05-04-2018

Sunny here as well. I'm going to collect my bike from the pub and hopefully resist being lured in for a pint. One turns to several and the bike stays where it is until I go back for it. I might try to get out for a walk somewhere today.

RE: Weather so far - Scrivenator - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 12:48 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: Sunny here as well. I'm going to collect my bike from the pub and hopefully resist being lured in for a pint. One turns to several and the bike stays where it is until I go back for it. I might try to get out for a walk somewhere today.

Walk to the pub using your legs, fail to resist being lured in for a pint. One turns to several, legs remain, return home legless.

Had a nice day down at Littlehampton. Pleasant sea front shite beach bit spoilt having lived in Tynemouth and Whitley Bay as a young person. A lot of the beaches on the Sussex coast have shingle or pebbles on them. Camber Sands is pleasant the rest are not that great. When the fellas from down here have been up for the football they are very surprised by the sandy beaches. I think Bamburgh beach has to be one of my favourite places just stunning with the castle and wonderful beach. Rather chilly most of the time having said this.

RE: Weather so far - PozinBootz - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 03:57 PM)surreymag Wrote: Had a nice day down at Littlehampton. Pleasant sea front shite beach bit spoilt having lived in Tynemouth and Whitley Bay as a young person. A lot of the beaches on the Sussex coast have shingle or pebbles on them. Camber Sands is pleasant the rest are not that great. When the fellas from down here have been up for the football they are very surprised by the sandy beaches. I think Bamburgh beach has to be one of my favourite places just stunning with the castle and wonderful beach. Rather chilly most of the time having said this.

Beadnell Bay is a fav too. On hot sunny days when the skies are clear it could easily be an exotic destination with it's white sands and spectacular dunes. Sat there last Feb in a chair reading a book on a warm day folks thought I might be a bit touched Dodgy

(05-04-2018, 03:57 PM)surreymag Wrote: Had a nice day down at Littlehampton. Pleasant sea front shite beach bit spoilt having lived in Tynemouth and Whitley Bay as a young person. A lot of the beaches on the Sussex coast have shingle or pebbles on them. Camber Sands is pleasant the rest are not that great. When the fellas from down here have been up for the football they are very surprised by the sandy beaches. I think Bamburgh beach has to be one of my favourite places just stunning with the castle and wonderful beach. Rather chilly most of the time having said this.

I've been to Camber. I went down to Dungeness one day. It was completely surreal. I popped across to Rye to see if Paul McCartney was at home but he was out at a car boot sale looking for a replacement leg for Heather.

Southerners seem to think the beaches up north are covered in coal.

I know as I said most of the people who have visited the North East coast with me over the years have been surprised and shocked when they see all the beautiful beaches that are on offer. To be fair the night life has helped as-well. Even at my grand old age I still enjoy the crack when out and about up there.The banter is great well most of the time anyway unfortunately there are dickheads about wherever you go,plenty in this neck of the woods that’s for sure. I have been lucky to meet some good people over the years in Surrey and most manage to put up with me spouting on about NUFC and the North East area in general, usually after a few too many pints of Guinness.

I haven't had a Guinness session for ages. How much is it in your local? I think it's £3.70 in mine. It's probably cheaper in Wetherspoons but I hardly go in there these days. Sometimes I'll go in for a cheap breakfast because it's cheaper than buying bacon and sausages when I don't have them in the house. They don't do black pudding though. The cunts. The number of people on pints at that time in the morning astounds me. I feel like the shifty fucker for not having a pint. I was once in there ordering a breakfast at about 9:30 and someone was at the bar ordering a large brandy  Big Grin I have to keep checking to make sure I haven't somehow teleported into an airport departure lounge.

There's a lot of Greene King stuff around here, so IPA is the fallback for me. That's £3 a pint. There's Abbot as well which produces a particular aroma of fart that seems to have a knack for sticking around in the same place well after being dealt. The landlord has been trying various beers from the Wolf Brewery who are fairly local to here (Norfolk). That's £3.40, and Timmy Taylor's Landlord is £3.70 when it's on. I still reckon that's one of the finest ales ever produced even if it does soak you to fuck the first few times you tap a keg of it.

Recently I've been into London style porters. When I say recently I mean for the past 5 years or so - if I see a porter on draught I'll order one. I got a homebrew kit from a shop just outside Chester a couple of years ago for a London Porter - all extract, no sugar to add, with a dry hop bag for aroma. That turned out quite nice when I made it.

Oh yeah I brew at home. I make ALE and I add fucking hops to it and still call it ALE. I'm saying that just in case some blowhard gobshite happens to look by who thinks the definition of ale is still unhopped.

RE: Weather so far - The Turd - 05-04-2018

Cut me grass today and our lass trimmed the bush on the front.

(05-04-2018, 09:36 PM)7vsossujrurl Wrote: I haven't had a Guinness session for ages. How much is it in your local? I think it's £3.70 in mine. It's probably cheaper in Wetherspoons but I hardly go in there these days. Sometimes I'll go in for a cheap breakfast because it's cheaper than buying bacon and sausages when I don't have them in the house. They don't do black pudding though. The cunts. The number of people on pints at that time in the morning astounds me. I feel like the shifty fucker for not having a pint. I was once in there ordering a breakfast at about 9:30 and someone was at the bar ordering a large brandy  Big Grin I have to keep checking to make sure I haven't somehow teleported into an airport departure lounge.

There's a lot of Greene King stuff around here, so IPA is the fallback for me. That's £3 a pint. There's Abbot as well which produces a particular aroma of fart that seems to have a knack for sticking around in the same place well after being dealt. The landlord has been trying various beers from the Wolf Brewery who are fairly local to here (Norfolk). That's £3.40, and Timmy Taylor's Landlord is £3.70 when it's on. I still reckon that's one of the finest ales ever produced even if it does soak you to fuck the first few times you tap a keg of it.

Recently I've been into London style porters. When I say recently I mean for the past 5 years or so - if I see a porter on draught I'll order one. I got a homebrew kit from a shop just outside Chester a couple of years ago for a London Porter - all extract, no sugar to add, with a dry hop bag for aroma. That turned out quite nice when I made it.

Oh yeah I brew at home. I make ALE and I add fucking hops to it and still call it ALE. I'm saying that just in case some blowhard gobshite happens to look by who thinks the definition of ale is still unhopped.
Guinness is anything from £3.10 in the spoons to £4.70 in some pubs in the area. It’s £4.20 in my local only £3.50 in the football club when I go to watch the local team play or maybe there is a do on. Had my 50th birthday in there didn’t end well but was fun at the time. The pub I usually drink in does Doombar and Youngs for £3.70; lagers range from £4.00 to £4.20 depending on brand. Oh yes John Smiths £3.50 and a bottle of Newcastle Brown £3.90. Prices are competitive for a local boozer in this area and the pub is opposite my house.

RE: Weather so far - Scrivenator - 06-04-2018

So you cycle across the street you lazy fucker!

I got a bit concerned when you mentioned you're into London style Porters. I thought you meant you'd take the fucker who carries your cases off the train at Kings cross around the corner to cop a cheeky feel  Undecided

Good shout on Timothy Taylors Landlord, an ale that's up there amongst the best. Strange when you likened Abbots ale to a fart. My lasting memory of my first (and only) pint of Greene King was that it smelled like a sewer. That was in Bedfordshire, yonks ago, and had never heard of the stuff before. Every time I see a pump handle in a pub I still get the imagined stench of a blocked drain.

RE: Weather so far - sossujrurl - 06-04-2018

Surreymag's boozer is opposite his house. I cycle to the pub, keep up you senile fuck!

Actually I don't cycle to the pub. The pub is only half a mile away. It's also on the best downhill stretch towards home on my way back from town so if I cycle anywhere near or around the town I'll usually be passing the pub on my way back. Before the slope really gets going I test my brakes to make sure they're working, and that coincides with me stopping outside the pub. And it would be rude not to go in and say hello.

Porters carrying your luggage off trains at Kings Cross? What fucking era are you inhabiting?

RE: Weather so far - Scrivenator - 06-04-2018

I need me eyes testing as well as a check-up from the neck up. Just as well you don't live opposite a pub though but, else you wouldn't have had an answer!
Angel

Don't they have Porters nowadays like? Nee wonder the countries gone to shit! Any road, come Brexit and Porters are going to be re-instated. Nigel Farage said.

The last time I was in Kings Cross a Porter carried my luggage across the concourse. I though it great value - a penny farthing including the tip.

They've got trains that don't need coal hoying in the engine now man!

RE: Weather so far - cuntyballs - 06-04-2018

(06-04-2018, 06:38 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: They've got trains that don't need coal hoying in the engine now man!

And cases on wheels  [You still riding your Bike or what] and WTF is a super fucking moderator ?do you fly down in-between scuffles and say Now then Now then we will have none of this here this is a local Pub for Local people  Angel

It's a secret.

RE: Weather so far - surreymag - 06-04-2018

Finally finished mullering my grass two attempts at it still looks shite, at least I didn’t blow the lawn mower up which has happened in previous years! Big Grin

You were out mowing late mind. It's gone midnight. The neighbours must love you.

RE: Weather so far - surreymag - 06-04-2018

(06-04-2018, 11:17 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: You were out mowing late mind. It's gone midnight. The neighbours must love you.

Big Grin Just in from the pub after a rake full of Guinness thought I would catch up as you do!

RE: Weather so far - sossujrurl - 07-04-2018

Did you mow the lawn before or after the pub?

I've been drinking Aldi's £2.15 for 4 cans lager. It's been slow going as I made Singapore fried rice for my tea with vegetables in hoisin sauce and had second helpings so I was full. So now I'm on the Jim Beam. Unfortunately I've just drained the bottle into my glass and the cabinet is just full of shite so I'll probably head to bed. On the other hand I've just remembered I picked up some canned cocktails from Aldi and stuck them in the fridge. Oh and there's a couple of shots of tequila.

RE: Weather so far - PozinBootz - 07-04-2018

I need a friend Sad

RE: Weather so far - sossujrurl - 07-04-2018

James Taylor reckons you already have one.

RE: Weather so far - surreymag - 07-04-2018

(07-04-2018, 10:46 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: James Taylor reckons you already have one.

That takes me back listening to his music back in the day. Wink

RE: Weather so far - surreymag - 15-04-2018

Typical back to work next week and it is going to be 20-23C. Couldn’t make it up.  Blush  Cool