NUFC Forum
Not an effin bite - Printable Version

+- NUFC Forum (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge Bar (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General chat (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Not an effin bite (/showthread.php?tid=28)

Not an effin bite - PozinBootz - 10-04-2018

Nice day yesterday so grabbed gear and headed to local fishery. 6 of us all with two rods each x 6 hours and not one bite between us.
Please explain this unnatural phenomenon in terms of god or science thankyou Sad

RE: Not an effin bite - surreymag - 10-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 07:50 AM)PozinBootz Wrote: Nice day yesterday so grabbed gear and headed to local fishery. 6 of us all with two rods each x 6 hours and not one bite between us.
Please explain this unnatural phenomenon in terms of god or science thankyou Sad

God loves a trier as for science I am not sure that comes into it. Not something I know much about I have been a couple of times. I enjoyed mackerel fishing in Dorset a good few years ago. Big Grin

RE: Not an effin bite - sossujrurl - 10-04-2018

The fish were on strike.

RE: Not an effin bite - Cartz - 10-04-2018

That's a shame Poz. Took the young fella down to our local lake on the weekend. Couldn't stop catching fish. No keepers but he is 4 so he just loves catching anything. Easy a good 20-30 each over the 4 hours or so we were there.

How do you know it wasn't the same one?

RE: Not an effin bite - PozinBootz - 10-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 12:14 PM)Cartz Wrote: That's a shame Poz. Took the young fella down to our local lake on the weekend. Couldn't stop catching fish. No keepers but he is 4 so he just loves catching anything. Easy a good 20-30 each over the 4 hours or so we were there.

Brilliant that - our Laura loved fishing too and was junior champion of our angling club a record 9 times between age 6 and 16 mind only 6 others in the junior section but still. She also holds the club junior record of a 3 and a half pound rainbow from The Browney in Lanchester which was washed into the river from the local fishery at Consett during a flood. It's all about the kids really but one would have been nice yesterday.

Reminds me that after a shedfest me and Earl Bentwilly went to our local pond and had a very productive couple or three hours catching tench chub and carp while I sobered up to drive him back to West Auckland Smile

Is the fishing in the Browney free or do you have to be a member of a club?

If your youngun's that clever she should catch a brown trout in the river Rainbow, wherever that might be.

RE: Not an effin bite - PozinBootz - 10-04-2018

Member of Malton angling club to fish it. Having said that many poaching twats who don't contribute to stocking Sad

You have to wear stockings?

RE: Not an effin bite - The Turd - 10-04-2018

The bigger holed stockings Soss?.howay man give him a clue

RE: Not an effin bite - PozinBootz - 11-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 09:31 PM)The Turd Wrote: The bigger holed stockings Soss?.howay man give him a clue

Thus degraded another honestly begun thread - where's Kim Yon Ponytail when you need him Sad

RE: Not an effin bite - Scrivenator - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 07:21 AM)PozinBootz Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 09:31 PM)The Turd Wrote: The bigger holed stockings Soss?.howay man give him a clue

Thus degraded another honestly begun thread - where's Kim Yon Ponytail when you need him Sad

That was a massive bite for a no bites thread  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Not an effin bite - Earl Bentwilly - 11-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 07:50 AM)PozinBootz Wrote: Nice day yesterday so grabbed gear and headed to local fishery. 6 of us all with two rods each x 6 hours and not one bite between us.

You're shit at fishing?