NUFC Forum
Worst Roads for driving on - Printable Version

+- NUFC Forum (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge Bar (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General chat (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Worst Roads for driving on (/showthread.php?tid=33)

Worst Roads for driving on - surreymag - 11-04-2018

We have quite a few round here. The A3 is often blocked going towards Guildford. The A217 can be a nightmare a lot of the time takes you to Epsom, Banstead and Mitchem to name but a few places. Then of course there is the good old M25 which I have just been on. Not too bad this time of day give it another hour or so it will be like a car park. Huh

RE: Worst Roads for driving on - cuntyballs - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 02:05 PM)surreymag Wrote: We have quite a few round here. The A3 is often blocked going towards Guildford. The A217 can be a nightmare a lot of the time takes you to Epsom, Banstead and Mitchem to name but a few places. Then of course there is the good old M25 which I have just been on. Not too bad this time of day give it another hour or so it will be like a car park. Huh

Aye fucking awful here anaarl, had to wait 3 fucking minutes at the Quarterbridge roundabout today Angry

RE: Worst Roads for driving on - PozinBootz - 11-04-2018

Quite pleased not to live down south tbh would be a pain to hit queues to and from work. Have not most switched to commuter trains yet? Beeching destroyed a magnificent train network and even now would be easy to get to Newcastle from Consett or Stanley had the line not been ripped up. Think of all the haulage currently on the roads that could have gone on our network if the tw@t had kept his fingers off.

In short not where I live but probably to and from the toon in the rush hour.

RE: Worst Roads for driving on - sossujrurl - 11-04-2018

Did Beeching close the Consett and Stanley stations? There were still trains running when the steel works was open but I don't know if there were any passenger services.

RE: Worst Roads for driving on - PozinBootz - 11-04-2018

Beeching closed two thirds of Britains lines but obviously not the Consett line due to the steel works but he did close the stations down at Annfield Plain and Stanley ie the non-steelworks trains - tied a kid to the line one day under the water tank soaked him and 25 minutes later the local scout master rescued him 5 minutes before the next train. Yes I was a stupid cunt and still have mares about the consequences today had the scoutmaster not appeared :Sad

I was only 11 back then

RE: Worst Roads for driving on - Scrivenator - 11-04-2018

The A1 from the Angel to North of Gosforth in either direction is a fkin disgrace. It's like driving round a car park, especially the 50 mph zone.

Considering it's the A1 and therefore by definition the major route between the Norf and Saarf - why is it reduced to 50 for what - 7 or so miles on dual carriageway? Its taking the pi55 that these restrictions only occur up here except for a tiny portion down south where it passes through a village.

RE: Worst Roads for driving on - veriaqa - 12-04-2018

Well, if you think that was bad you are welcome to try the roads of Jakarta. A 20 Km trip could take up to 2 hours. Some time on road that looks like Freddie Kruger's face.