NUFC Forum
Curry - how hot - Printable Version

+- NUFC Forum (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge Bar (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General chat (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Curry - how hot (/showthread.php?tid=68)

Curry - how hot - captain lard - 31-05-2018

I was 53 yesterday and we are going out for a curry tonight, was skint yesterday but payday today.

I used to always have have madras, but it is too much nowadays - even a jalfrezi seems a bit too much so have dropped right down the scale to a dupiaza. Has anyone else entered old age and had lost the ability to cope with spicier food?

RE: Curry - how hot - surreymag - 31-05-2018

Never been a fan of spicy hot food. Not keen on curry I prefer Chinese food personally. The rest of the family love spicy food and think I am strange because I don’t like it.

RE: Curry - how hot - captain lard - 31-05-2018

(31-05-2018, 04:07 PM)surreymag Wrote: Never been a fan of spicy hot food. Not keen on curry I prefer Chinese food personally. The rest of the family love spicy food and think I am strange because I don’t like it.

We have a split in my family, one daughter prefers Indian and the other chinese, one night we had to get two different take aways!

RE: Curry - how hot - cuntyballs - 31-05-2018

(31-05-2018, 04:24 PM)captain lard Wrote:
(31-05-2018, 04:07 PM)surreymag Wrote: Never been a fan of spicy hot food. Not keen on curry I prefer Chinese food personally. The rest of the family love spicy food and think I am strange because I don’t like it.

We have a split in my family, one daughter prefers Indian and the other chinese, one night we had to get two different take aways!

I also prefer Chinese food , but sometimes have Sweet and sour Crispy beef with Chilli ,the Chinese we use it has a twat of a kick to it ,I don`t mind a Curry now and then we normally have one of the Pataks ones once a week normally a Madras or Tikka Masala, or now and then a nice Korma, I used to have Vindaloo and Madras when I used to drink a lot  , once ate a Phal for a bet , never again I ate it along with about 6 jugs of Iced water and a jug of milk, was in distress nose running eyes blurred with tears for entire meal, still wonder if it was worth the £50 bet , mind I once ate a humongous Spider in a pub in Peterborough for a tenner bet   Sad Undecided Sad Rolleyes

RE: Curry - how hot - sossujrurl - 01-06-2018

Spiders are a delicacy in Peterborough.

I rarely get takeaways these days. I cook most of the dishes I'd get and can control how spicy I make them. I do like a decent kick to my curries though. I don't have them ridiculously hot. I had an atomic vindaloo from Iceland and it was just heat, hardly any flavour at all. I like flavour.

RE: Curry - how hot - captain lard - 01-06-2018

Talking of eating stuff for a bet, in the early 80's in the club one lad got bet £25 quid that he would not eat one of those pineapple square toilet disenfectant things that you used to get in the piss trough in the mens bogs. Not a new one either, but one out of the actual piss trough. Poor bugger was skint and pissed and did it. He also got sent into the chemist one day by the same lads, they had all enjoyed the favours of a young lady and had contracted crabs. They were hiding at the front of the shop and sent him to ask for some stuff. He was getting a tenner to do it, problem was Jimmy got to the pharmacist, forgot what he wanted and shouted to them 'It's crab cream you want isn't it lads?' Apparently the place was chokka and in a small village news travelled fast.

RE: Curry - how hot - surreymag - 01-06-2018

A lad from my rugby days ended up eating part of his glass after finishing his drink,never saw the attraction in doing this personally!

RE: Curry - how hot - Scrivenator - 05-06-2018

I used to have curries of at least "Madras" strength, preferably Vindaloo and Phal. The hotter the better the day after a night on the piss was just the job for reviving the fuzz of the after effects of booze.

Age has taken it's toll though these days and stinky hot curries gives me acid indigestion. Once upon a time I used to turn me nose up at puffs stuff like mild curries, but now love the likes of butter chicken, pasanda etc.

Mind you, to prove me manlihood, I had a curry with naga chicken last night. and it was lush. Problem was I was up at 4 am baarfing me guts up with all the bile!  Sick