NUFC Forum
Hoo Ugg... - Printable Version

+- NUFC Forum (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge Bar (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General chat (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Hoo Ugg... (/showthread.php?tid=763)

Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 14-12-2018

I believe I'm right in thinking you have an interest in the British way of life and our strange, strange ways.

May I present to you a guy who is so eccentric, a throwback to Victorian times, he is almost a cult in his own right to the point of being classic. Jacob -Rees-Mogg, MP.

He's a Marmite character - you either love or hate him. I know Soss will be apoplectic at my suggestion he's just brilliant and a formidable intellect.

Here's a little taster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LE7R_FHy0

If this little snippet has aroused your curiosity, there is loads of footage out there to be further enlightened and entertained.

I would dearly love to know your impressions on the fella, and whether he fits your image of a truly proper British eccentric...

Smile

RE: Hoo Ugg... - sossujrurl - 14-12-2018

Born into privilege and doors already opened for him before his balls dropped. Believes wealth is a birthright and not something that should be worked for. No different to someone happy to live on benefits IMO. I bet he can't fucking skin up either.

But that's enough about Scriv...

JRM isn't any better  Tongue

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 14-12-2018

Smile Smile Smile 

It'll be fascinating to see what UG makes of JRM, no doubt he'll be gobsmacked!

RE: Hoo Ugg... - PaulRevere69 - 15-12-2018

I’m going to watch more of his videos tomorrow when I’m not high on Oxicodone(had my wisdom teeth finally pulled yesterday - good times). At first blush I love how he turns the table on the smug cunt. Also pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of modern day liberal “tolerance”. I’m more a libertarian than a conservative, so pufta marriage doesn’t bother me as such, so I’m sure I’ll disagree with some of his platform. But over here libertarians usually side with conservatives by default. We’re kinda like the crazy aunt in the attic of the Republican Party. Is that a London accent he has?

RE: Hoo Ugg... - sossujrurl - 15-12-2018

No it's Received Pronunciation. Also known as the Queen's English. It's how they learn to speak in the very expensive schools that cost more per year than the average salary.

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 15-12-2018

Heh heh Wink

One of the most impressive things about him, is he is seldom - if ever - bettered in a debate. Because he is as I would describe as a parody, his opponents perceive that because he comes across as an "upper class twit" they attempt to take advantage and try to undermine him and demean him, thinking he is an easy target. By his sheer command of the English Language with his calm and measured tones, he has hung drawn and quartered them to the point of destruction before they even realise it.

I knew this particular clip would resonate with you owing to its association with religion. He steadfastly disagrees with abortion. I absolutely disagree with his view that women who are impregnated as victims of rape should not abort owing to his religious belief and he has no argument. However, and this is refreshing for a Politician, he upholds his honestly held views rather than appease the majority who oppose them in order to gain votes.

No, he doesn't have a London Accent. He has the clipped tones of the "Upper Class" "Common folk" such as I seldom hear this type of accent other than on TV or Radio. They live in a parallel "other world" They are the privileged ruling class, born with silver spoons in their mouths, have Butlers and Servants and their children are brought up by Nannies, have no idea how us poor folk live and don't even know the price of a loaf of bread.

Common folk, like me, Soss, Poz, TT, BFT etc. etc. naturally despise the privileged upper class. By the very nature of my humble existence, I should despise JRM, but I am weirdly drawn into being fascinated by him and actually respecting his honesty and integrity. It's like rooting for the underdog - yet he's anything but!

I'm sorry to hear of the problems with your wisdom teeth. they are indeed kernts when they become problematic. When were they actually installed? Big Grin 

I'll dig out some short clips later for your viewing pleasure.

(15-12-2018, 09:17 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: No it's Received Pronunciation. Also known as the Queen's English. It's how they learn to speak in the very expensive schools that cost more per week than the average salary.

Fixed  Wink

Hey Soss, did you see the one where David Dimbleby tries to take the piss by referring to JRM going to Eton, and JRM says summat like "yes, I was there at the same time as your son"

Foond it!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jacob+rees+mogg+davis+dimbleby+eton&&view=detail&mid=20EAC4F3C7C7D1276C7420EAC4F3C7C7D1276C74&&FORM=VRDGAR

Common folk? Poz? He's got a fucking shed for drinking in man!

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 15-12-2018

Okay, I'll concede that Poz is upper common class.

Posh as fuck!

JRM's RP and 'superiority' harks back almost 1000 years ago. When the Normans arrived they brought with them Norman French and a lot of words began to change, especially among the nobles. William I declared all of England his property and started doling it out to his mates. Prior to the Conquest the land was worked on a more equal basis among the Anglo-Saxon and British (or Romano-British descendants). Suddenly these farmers and craftsmen had their lands taken from them and became beholden to the local lord, parachuted in from Normandy. For centuries the language among the nobles while the commoners (including the newly made commoners who'd previously been a thane or lord) retained Old English. Over time the two languages began to merge and the English commonly spoken today is a hybrid. However you will notice that a lot of the English spoken by everyday folk is more Germanic in its roots whereas the RP English has more in common with French, particularly in vocabulary.

The two class Norman and Anglo-Saxon-British is still alive even though serfdom was largely abolished years ago. People like JRM are taught that they are superior to the 'common folk' because they are from a better class of stock. We still speak two different, but mutually intelligible languages. It is still very much 'us versus them'.

RE: Hoo Ugg... - veriaqa - 25-07-2020

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200615/male-baldness-may-increase-severe-covid-19-risk

Hope you alright UA

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 26-07-2020

I'm bald anarl. Not as bald as BFT though. He has a heed like a bowling ball.  Big Grin

RE: Hoo Ugg... - BFT - 03-08-2020

That's very true.....but its through choice Big Grin

I could have a heed of hair Deffy would be proud of if I wanted to Cool

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 04-08-2020

[Image: fat-man-with-a-pony-tail-at-the-races-ac9wkg.jpg]

RE: Hoo Ugg... - BFT - 05-08-2020

What the hell has Dicky Mint got to do with any of this? Angry

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 05-08-2020

You still recognise him after his diet?

RE: Hoo Ugg... - BFT - 05-08-2020

Aye.  You done a good job of photoshopping the ponytail on, and that and the weight-loss almost fooled me but I'd recognise that cheeky smile anywhere

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 06-08-2020

Its remarkable how much he lost around his waist. His front is only protruding cos he tucked his spare chins down his shirt front

RE: Hoo Ugg... - The Turd - 08-09-2020

I’ll send the cunt a link to this place.....again.

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 15-09-2020

Tell him not to be so sensitive anarl. Would love to see him for a little chinwag

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 16-09-2020

While you are at it TT - can give Poz a shake? Where is the silly twat? Love and kisses, Scriv.

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 15-01-2022

As I am enitled to, I have revised my opinion of the Right honourable member of the 19th Century, JRM and now think he is a fucking smug cunt.

RE: Hoo Ugg... - PozinBootz - 20-02-2022

(16-09-2020, 01:45 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: While you are at it TT - can give Poz a shake? Where is the silly twat? Love and kisses, Scriv.

Be careful what you wish for...I coulda been a bad fairy or summatt  Angel

RE: Hoo Ugg... - Scrivenator - 21-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 11:26 PM)PozinBootz Wrote:
(16-09-2020, 01:45 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: While you are at it TT - can give Poz a shake? Where is the silly twat? Love and kisses, Scriv.

I think you are a lovely Fairy Poz

RE: Hoo Ugg... - PozinBootz - 24-02-2022

(21-02-2022, 12:00 PM)Scrivenator Wrote:
(20-02-2022, 11:26 PM)PozinBootz Wrote:

I think you are a lovely Fairy Poz

Oooooh you are awwwfull  Heart