The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

NUFC Forum
Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Printable Version

+- NUFC Forum (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge Bar (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General chat (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide (/showthread.php?tid=868)

Pages: 1 2 3

Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - PozinBootz - 04-03-2020

Plus the latest prediction of between 3 qnd 6% fatality this fucker apparently was man made coz its too pure a virus to be accidental... canny drop in world population expected according to scientific models...good luck everyone it's nowt like flu as is being touted this is a major blitz on mankind

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 05-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 11:17 PM)PozinBootz Wrote: Plus the latest prediction of between 3 qnd 6% fatality this fucker apparently was man made coz its too pure a virus to be accidental... canny drop in world population expected according to scientific models...good luck everyone it's nowt like flu as is being touted this is a major blitz on mankind

As I was getting off a train the other day, some fucker waiting to get on, coughed in my face, without even attempting to put his hands up to stifle it. I should have punched the scruffy bastard there and then but I was so dumbfounded by the time it sunk in, he had boarded, so didn't even call him a fucking ignorant scruffy cunt, let alone spread his nose ower his face.

Scruffy cunt.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - surreymag - 05-03-2020

It’s not great as you say man made something has gone horribly wrong. I think initially it was something introduced in China to cull their ever growing population. It’s all very strange in my opinion but it’s not looking like it going to end well in this country and elsewhere.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - sossujrurl - 06-03-2020

Nah it's just a particularly potent flu-like epidemic.

But if it does scare people enough for the rest of the football season to be cancelled I don't want any of you lot laughing at Liverpool being denied the league title because someone in China fancied a raw frog for their tea.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 11-03-2020

The Government are useless. they are lacking in any leadership and failing to implement any reasonable plans, direction or strategy in dealing with this crisis. Other than wash your hands.

Watch them change their approach and shift into gear since one of their own has become affected. BJ has been recklessly going around gung-ho fashion, pressing the flesh of anyone within reach, including places where vulnerable people are, like hospitals and being in close proximity of the Royal family, with one notable elderly a.k.a. the Queen. There is a strong possibility this bumbling fuckwit is infected due to his contact with that naddier lass.

I got a text from my GP the other day, warning me not to attend the Surgery if I thought I had the virus. Instead it gave me a link to the 111 site or a contact number for 111.

Out of curiosity, I tried to access the website, except I couldn't, probably because it's jammed with traffic. This with less than 300 cases. if they cant cope with that, wtf are they going to do when this fucker escalates into a proper pandemic with say 300,000 people trying to access it. Why is this website not fit for purpose with almost minimum demand? What does this say about the phone lines? Put on an extended album to listen to while you wait? How about putting some proper fucking resources into meeting anticipated demand you buffoon?

The level of information - or lack of it - is astonishing. Get some proper information out you twats and implement some proper measures in an attempt to minimise the spread of this fucking thing. Get proactive instead of reacting with as much effect as wobby jelly.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - exenrique - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 01:39 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: The Government are useless. they are lacking in any leadership and failing to implement any reasonable plans, direction or strategy in dealing with this crisis. Other than wash your hands.

Watch them change their approach and shift into gear since one of their own has become affected. BJ has been recklessly going around gung-ho fashion, pressing the flesh of anyone within reach, including places where vulnerable people are, like hospitals and being in close proximity of the Royal family, with one notable elderly a.k.a. the Queen. There is a strong possibility this bumbling fuckwit is infected due to his contact with that naddier lass.

I got a text from my GP the other day, warning me not to attend the Surgery if I thought I had the virus. Instead it gave me a link to the 111 site or a contact number for 111.

Out of curiosity, I tried to access the website, except I couldn't, probably because it's jammed with traffic. This with less than 300 cases. if they cant cope with that, wtf are they going to do when this fucker escalates into a proper pandemic with say 300,000 people trying to access it. Why is this website not fit for purpose with almost minimum demand? What does this say about the phone lines? Put on an extended album to listen to while you wait? How about putting some proper fucking resources into meeting anticipated demand you buffoon?

The level of information - or lack of it - is astonishing. Get some proper information out you twats and implement some proper measures in an attempt to minimise the spread of this fucking thing. Get proactive instead of reacting with as much effect as wobby jelly.

^^^^^^^^ 
 This.  Bj  is  not  fit  for  purpose Same response with the U.K.s flooding nada

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - sossujrurl - 12-03-2020

This virus, like many others, is held together with a lipid shell. It is impermeable to water and charged ions so what's outside stays out and what's inside stays in, until it attaches to a cell in the body (lipids will attach to lipids) where it combines and its RNA then splices inside the cell and starts copying itself until the cell 'cannae take no more captain', explodes and sends loads more virus RNA to neighbouring cells. That's how it spreads through the body. It will quite happily sit on a surface until it is picked up and then transferred inside the body.

Lipids - basically fats - have a simple vulnerability though. They are easily digested by surfactants. Such as soap. So washing of hands is one simple way of reducing the risk of transferring any virus from outside the body (e.g. touching an infected door handle) to inside the body (e.g. then touching your mouth/nose/eyes). In fact it's the most effective way apart from setting fire to the little bastards - burning your hands off is probably a little extreme. Soap causes the virus to fall apart, the water washes it all away and it's rendered inactive.

The chemistry is a bit more complicated than that but in simple terms there is a valid reason why hand washing is recommended as a preventative measure. Other than confining everyone to their homes for 3 weeks, the spread is inevitable. It's all about reducing the risks on an individual level and slowing down the spread on a herd level. Like other viruses it is mostly contagious before the main symptoms are noticed. Everyone coughs and sneezes a couple of times without there being any indication of anything being wrong. It could be dust, pollen, animal furs or bacteria trying to enter the body. It's the first line of defence. When the proper symptoms take hold that's the body's immune system going to war with the infected cells. Except the immune system doesn't know which cells are infected so it just attacks them all with anti-bodies.

BTW we, as mammals, have a strand of RNA from an ancient virus in our DNA that prevents us from being rejected from our mothers' wombs (most of the time) as foetuses. It's what allows us (well wimminses anyway) to carry bairns inside us instead of laying eggs. The body sees it as normal cell growth and division.

It's fucking fascinating stuff and reading up on virology should help while away those lonely weeks of self isolation.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - veriaqa - 13-03-2020

WHO declared Covid 19 as global pandemic. Will it affect Premier League?

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 13-03-2020

All premier league games off until 1st April. I can't see this season ending.

At the Supermarket this morning, nigh on every fucker has trolleys rammed with bog paper. Am I missing something, or has there been a widespread outbreak of dysentery?

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - surreymag - 13-03-2020

Not too sure what all that is about unless people are using them as tissues as they have probably run out aswell.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - sossujrurl - 14-03-2020

They think 'self isolating' is a euphemism.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - exenrique - 14-03-2020

(13-03-2020, 02:16 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: All premier league games off until 1st April. I can't see this season ending.

At the Supermarket this morning, nigh on every fucker has trolleys rammed with bog paper. Am I missing something, or has there been a widespread outbreak of dysentery?

If  you  see  a  sun  reader  buying  several  copies  of  the  Times,  then  you'll  know  there  has  been  a  dysentery  outbreak.

nailed on

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 14-03-2020

I think I have the answer for the demand in bog roll.

Every time someone sneezes a thousand people shit themselves

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - sossujrurl - 14-03-2020

Big Grin

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - veriaqa - 15-03-2020

[Image: 5.Washlet_Cleansing_b63f22ad-e793-4094-8...1546893844]

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 15-03-2020

I wonder what will happen if you have a car due for an MOT and for any one of a number of reasons you cant get your car tested...

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - sossujrurl - 16-03-2020

Carownervirus?

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 16-03-2020

Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 18-03-2020

The level of selfish behaviour beggars belief. I popped out to the local supermarket earlier just for a loaf, butter and various odds and ends, to find the majority of shelves are stripped bare.

Not that I wanted any, but there wasn't a scrap of meat on the aisles, no chicken, minced beef, nowt, fuck all. I hope the selfish cunts who took way beyond what they actually need, get fucking food poisoning. Fucking arseholes.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - sossujrurl - 19-03-2020

That's why they took all the bog roll. They'll be sat on the pot after eating all the now putrid chicken they panic bought.

The past few days are the same - the stores open at 6 or 7 to find queues of people who head in and buy all the staples and then move on to other stuff. It's like some people are going around all the stores on a daily basis buying their maximum quota.

Anyway we should get enrique to check in here every day to make sure he's safe.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - exenrique - 20-03-2020

(19-03-2020, 09:33 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: That's why they took all the bog roll. They'll be sat on the pot after eating all the now putrid chicken they panic bought.

The past few days are the same - the stores open at 6 or 7 to find queues of people who head in and buy all the staples and then move on to other stuff. It's like some people are going around all the stores on a daily basis buying their maximum quota.

Anyway we should get enrique to check in here every day to make sure he's safe.

Hello   Cool Big Grin

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Pozzysback - 24-03-2020

Hello my friend hello.... are you in lockdown like us?
Can't leave the house now without a valid reason ....streets are deserted etc
Stay safe everyone else too....it's not the cough that carries you off

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - sossujrurl - 24-03-2020

Butlins have closed their holiday camps in Bognor Regis, Minehead and Skegness due to the high risk of infection and disease. When asked about Coronavirus a spokesman said "What's Coronavirus?"

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - Scrivenator - 25-03-2020

For the Mackems, it's just another day.
For the rest of the country, its's lockdown.

RE: Coronavirus 80% contagion expected worldwide - BFT - 25-03-2020

Me parents are doing me fucking head in with all this.  Both early 70's and me dad has lung problems so would be fucked if he got it.

Thought I had finally got through to them about the importance of staying at home but just found out me dad still nips out and buys a paper every day.  And on Saturday the two of them "looked all over" for a chicken for Sunday dinner.

Fucking fuming with them.  Stupid owld bastards

(16-03-2020, 05:34 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: Carownervirus?

Big Grin Big Grin