The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International break
Not that I've watched much football this season anyway other than following on text but these breaks in the season are a bit less meaningless with the Nations League or whatever it is replacing friendlies. It sort of makes friendlies a bit more competitive and gives the so-called lesser nations the chance to compete against similar rather than getting howked 8-0 at home off Germany which does nobody much good really. On the other hand I don't know how it leaves time for friendlies against touring sides from outside of UEFA. Anyone hosting Brazil is going to draw in a good crowd for the home nation.

I think I'll reserve judgement for next year to see how it all pans out. If it improves the standard of football in general and means that teams like Faroe Islands can play against Malta and Gibraltar instead of getting hammered all the time and maybe gradually make their way up the rankings to be a world force then that's good. If it just ends up with shitty defensive games and is devised purely for the revenue then they can shove it up their fucking hoops.
(05-09-2018, 05:38 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: Not that I've watched much football this season anyway other than following on text but these breaks in the season are a bit less meaningless with the Nations League or whatever it is replacing friendlies. It sort of makes friendlies a bit more competitive and gives the so-called lesser nations the chance to compete against similar rather than getting howked 8-0 at home off Germany which does nobody much good really. On the other hand I don't know how it leaves time for friendlies against touring sides from outside of UEFA. Anyone hosting Brazil is going to draw in a good crowd for the home nation.

I think I'll reserve judgement for next year to see how it all pans out. If it improves the standard of football in general and means that teams like Faroe Islands can play against Malta and Gibraltar instead of getting hammered all the time and maybe gradually make their way up the rankings to be a world force then that's good. If it just ends up with shitty defensive games and is devised purely for the revenue then they can shove it up their fucking hoops.
Yes I am not sure what it’s all about but get the idea that teams of a similar ilk/standard will be playing each other which has to be better. How seriously teams take the idea remains to be seen. They will make the right noises but how players respond will be interesting.
Spain were decent at times but England did create chances and the disallowed goal looked ok to me. Not a bad game to watch overall.
I didn't watch it. I forgot it was on tbh.
Not going to reply coz apparently only dinosaurs use forums now Cool
Bronto saw us.
I  watched  a  re_run  of  the  game  this  afternoon,and  something 

stood  out  for  me.When  Spain  received  the  ball  they  were  on  the  move,

yet  when  England  received  they  were  always  static.
Enrique for manager Cool