The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toon v Evertoon
We win 2 to nil.

WTF happenned there? That is the very best I have seen us since Rafa left.

Since the arrival of Sreve Bruce, our football has been dirge. Watching every match has been a horrible frustrating and miserable experience, leaving me to be inclined to hope we lose, not only because we deserve to, but for the greater good which is to make Ashleys investment value plummet. That in itself is a contrary statement because the greater good is for the takeover to go ahead, which arguably will never happen if we go down...

However I would never have imagined the complete transformation I witnessed almost 24 hours ago. We played with zest, vigour and purpose. We played pressing, winning the ball and keeping it, passing and moving as a team, showcasing that we can actually perform to a standard that wins games. I actually cheered when we scored, and then indulged in a second salutation in stoppage time.

Can this all be down to the introduction of this new coach? Did he influence the way we set up? Possibly, but what stands out for me is it has exposed Bruce for the numbnuts he is. Miggy was highly effective, playing more in his natural position. Wilson was working the channels and getting better service, seeing more of the ball instead of being isolated and stifles week in week out.

There is clearly a lot of work to be done and room for much improvement, but if we play like we are clearly capable of doing so and with consistency, I'm kind of back on board to actually enjoying watching us play.

So there!

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!

Messages In This Thread
Toon v Evertoon - by Scrivenator - 31-01-2021, 11:24 AM
RE: Toon v Evertoon - by sossujrurl - 31-01-2021, 12:39 PM
RE: Toon v Evertoon - by exenrique - 31-01-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: Toon v Evertoon - by veriaqa - 06-02-2021, 10:29 PM
RE: Toon v Evertoon - by Scrivenator - 07-02-2021, 02:13 PM
RE: Toon v Evertoon - by sossujrurl - 08-02-2021, 03:58 AM
RE: Toon v Evertoon - by surreymag - 08-02-2021, 02:02 PM