The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cricket thread
I think this 3rd test is going the way of India. Good old fashioned batting collapse by England!
I checked the score at about 4pm and couldn't believe it! It's like the bad old days.
(20-08-2018, 07:39 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: I checked the score at about 4pm and couldn't believe it! It's like the bad old days.

It’s going to be a long two days too long me thinks. All done by tea today? Hope not but I think that may well be the outcome.  Huh
I reckon the Indian bowlers will be bhajing their way through the English batsmen.
(21-08-2018, 08:44 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: I reckon the Indian bowlers will be bhajing their way through the English batsmen.

Decent stand then the collapse funny that they have to come back tomorrow. Bet the Indian team are well pissed off Big Grin Big Grin
(21-08-2018, 08:11 PM)surreymag Wrote:
(21-08-2018, 08:44 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: I reckon the Indian bowlers will be bhajing their way through the English batsmen.

Decent stand then the collapse funny that they have to come back tomorrow. Bet the Indian team are well pissed off Big Grin Big Grin

Has there been some paint drying somewhere like Smile
(21-08-2018, 08:11 PM)surreymag Wrote:

Would be funny if they took the wicket with the first ball Big Grin
They turned up for 10 minutes of cricket.
Absolute joke at least they wavoured the £10 entrance fee can you imagine paying that you would need to be pissed or have a mental health problem to agree to that!
How long did it last then?
Our bowlers are just too good in these conditions but the batting is still not the best. Having said this to beat the best side in the world is a good achievement.
World Cup and we are favourites bet that ends well haha. Having said that we mullered South Africa yesterday and that catch by Stokes was rediculous.
We smashed West Indies today and they are supposed to be half decent. On today’s showing I can’t see them making the last 4. England on the other hand looking good.
Australia are going to spawn their way through this again aren't they?

Somehow they always manage to come good at world cups.
Bit one sided today entertaining for the crowd I suppose.
Always nice to beat the Aussies now let’s go and win the competition.
Hopefully we'll turn up and play. New Zealand are a steady side, they've been fairly consistent throughout the whole tournament and deservedly booked their place in the final. They don't take many risks, preferring to play it safe with bat and ball.

If we bat first I'd like to see us set them 340 at least.
I don't really care too much for Cricket but might watch some of this since it's on Cooncil telly

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
New Zealand have bowled consistently well. Only a miracle will save England now.
A miracle like a ball thrown at the stumps hitting Stokes' bat and going out for a boundary.
And so it came to pass the miracle happened. What a game that was absolutely fantastic to watch.
I was exhausted from watching it, especially the last few overs. I thought it was all over. No way were we going to get 22 runs from 9 balls. Then it was 15 from 6 and somehow we were down to 2 from 1. Insane fluke or divine miracle? I'll let you decide, if you care. Getting that final run, and run out chasing the two then the super over to go right to the wire again - it's a wonder my ticker made it through.

What a brilliant tournament though. All of the teams have played a good standard of cricket and the grounds have been very well attended from what I have seen. I felt a bit sorry for New Zealand as they have been very industrious in their play, but not in a boring way. Did you see Ali and Rachid scarper out of the way when the champagne was being sprayed about? Big Grin
Now that game is what I call entertainment! Never could I imagine how exciting that would be and the twists and turns and endless possibilities amounted to drama at it's highest level.

It was all but over until that remarkable piece of luck when the ball came off Stokes and over the ropes. The Kiwis must be gutted at that result!

When  we  needed  22  off  9, I  thought  that's  it  and  turned  off  the  tele. watching  sky  news  say  we  had  won

meant  I  had  too  stay  up  late  and  watch  the  highlights

What  a  nail  biter   Smile Cool
Smile 
Fucking Knackakakakakaaaa
LOL