The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back on or Sunday bullshit?
Some promising noises have emerged on the takeover front from the Mirror on Saturday night, with claims that a deal between Amanda Staveley and Mike Ashley is back on – with PCP now ‘confident’ of securing a deal after ‘constructive talks’ in recent weeks.

The story is an exclusive from the Mirror, with John Richardson stating that a deal between Staveley and Ashley has now been resurrected.

“Newcastle’s takeover by financier Amanda Staveley’s Middle-East backed PCP partners group is back on.
“Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal there have been constructive talks between Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley’s representatives and Staveley over the past few weeks.
“He believed there were too many clauses inserted in the PCP offer including one which would have seen Ashley miss out on a £100 million instalment if Newcastle were relegated.
“But now with Premier League security looking more and more likely PCP are ready to increase their offer and move closer to Ashley’s valuation of the club he bought 11 years ago.
“It’s understood that PCP’s confidence in securing a deal in the region of £300 million has led to them making plans to improve the club’s training ground.”
“Staveley’s group are committed to backing Benitez with a substantial transfer war chest if they wrest control of St. James’ Park and will immediately reward him with a new lengthy contract.”
Think it was never off. Ashley had a bit of a hissy fit when he realised he couldn't bully Staveley into the deal he wanted. UltimatelY he realises that it's his best option. Of selling the club. Now that we are all but safe then a price can be agreed and happy days.

Imagine new owners willing to invest and Rafa controlling it all. Happy days to come. Could be a very exciting summer.
I'm a bit cautious about it. Investors mean that they'll eventually want some sort of lucrative return. That means less of the generated revenue being used for the good of the club.

On the other hand if commercial revenues can be improved upon, for example the club actually being paid for prime advertising placements, and instead of huge dividends the investors get to use the corporate hospitality suites for business meetings with clients, then maybe that would be of benefit to all.

Call me a cynic and a sceptic. Call me septic as well if you like. But the last two takeovers showed early promise and then ultimate disappointment, although for different reasons. I don't really think the next one will be much different.
Its the only hope left. I can't see us getting any better without it. Rafa won't hang around. In fact I believe the only reason he stayed after the last transfer window was because he knows more of the situation. He has been assured it will happen and he will get owners who want to invest.

Otherwise it's more of the same shit. Trying to scrape by and turning into a club bouncing between prem and champo..... What a future that holds.
(08-04-2018, 11:34 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: I'm a bit cautious about it. Investors mean that they'll eventually want some sort of lucrative return. That means less of the generated revenue being used for the good of the club.

On the other hand if commercial revenues can be improved upon, for example the club actually being paid for prime advertising placements, and instead of huge dividends the investors get to use the corporate hospitality suites for business meetings with clients, then maybe that would be of benefit to all.

Call me a cynic and a sceptic. Call me septic as well if you like. But the last two takeovers showed early promise and then ultimate disappointment, although for different reasons. I don't really think the next one will be much different.

(08-04-2018, 11:45 AM)Cartz Wrote: Its the only hope left. I can't see us getting any better without it. Rafa won't hang around. In fact I believe the only reason he stayed after the last transfer window was because he knows more of the situation. He has been assured it will happen and he will get owners who want to invest.

Otherwise it's more of the same shit. Trying to scrape by and turning into a club bouncing between prem and champo..... What a future that holds.

This.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
We shall just have to wait and see - whilst itll be good to get rid of the fat man its good and proper to be cautious of 'investors'
(08-04-2018, 02:29 PM)Earl Bentwilly Wrote: We shall just have to wait and see - whilst itll be good to get rid of the fat man its good and proper to be cautious of 'investors'

I agree with this to a certain extent, but would rather have investors that are willing to move the club forward. With Ashley in charge it will be the same old slog next season. Rafa has done wonders to get us to this point,imagine if he had some real money to invest in players. I won’t get too carried away as we have been here before and nothing has come of it. Here’s hoping it’s the end of the road for Mr. M Ashley as far as NUFC is concerned. He can take his franchise and stick it up his arse,the money grabbing twat!
(08-04-2018, 03:57 PM)surreymag Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 02:29 PM)Earl Bentwilly Wrote: We shall just have to wait and see - whilst itll be good to get rid of the fat man its good and proper to be cautious of 'investors'

I agree with this to a certain extent, but would rather have investors that are willing to move the club forward. With Ashley in charge it will be the same old slog next season. Rafa has done wonders to get us to this point,imagine if he had some real money to invest in players. I won’t get too carried away as we have been here before and nothing has come of it. Here’s hoping it’s the end of the road for Mr. M Ashley as far as NUFC is concerned. He can take his franchise and stick it up his arse,the money grabbing twat!

he sure can