The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The World Cup
Well Switzerland came up trumps after Mitros cracking header. Be interesting to see where the goal scoring winner ends up as there is no way he will be at Stoke next season. They should get decent money for him having said this!
Argentina down, Germany next?
Germany they never give up wish they did but it was a cracking winning goal. They will only get stronger now.
Well done England
(24-06-2018, 01:44 PM)veriaqa Wrote: Well done England

Thought England would win but not by that score Big Grin
First half was good but the second half they could only draw. That's not making it out of the group stages form.

Big Grin

Took the commentators nearly 80 minutes to mention the canal.
Alimentary my dear   Soss               Big Grin Cool
Big Grin
Our defence will be our downfall. We go to sleep at least once per game.
(25-06-2018, 10:05 AM)Big aRSe Wrote: Our defence will be our downfall. We go to sleep at least once per game.

That's very true. Unfortunately the sleep lasts around 30 minutes. We MUST keep our concentration and shape for the full 90 plus stoppages.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
Spain and Portugal both struggled to beat so called lower sides we did the same against Tunisia but not against Panama. I think Portugal are average at best Spain are easy on the eye but their defence is like ours an accident waiting to happen.
So who's gonna win Surrey - £20 on them if you can pick the winner out - promise.
(25-06-2018, 10:04 PM)PozinBootz Wrote: So who's gonna win Surrey - £20 on them if you can pick the winner out - promise.

Germany probably now that they have won that game with the last kick of the game. Croatia look half decent and Belgium look strong. As you can see I don’t really know, I am not convinced by any team but the usual suspects will be sniffing around and hopefully us as well. 

Winners for me will be Brazil I hope I am wrong. Huh Huh
£20 placed
Argentina skin of their teeth qualified. They have France in the last 16 very tasty!
Maradona was fucking hammered. I wish I was wealthy enough to hire people to carry me about so I could just get fucking totally shitfaced and not care.
Well, I was wrong about Argentine. But Germany try so hard to make the tradition alive right now.

Edit: Well, the tradition of the current World Champion failed to pass the group stage is still alive then. SK 2 - 0 Germany Big Grin
(23-06-2018, 09:03 PM)surreymag Wrote: Germany they never give up wish they did but it was a cracking winning goal. They will only get stronger now.

Well they didn’t bye bye Germany Big Grin Big Grin

(26-06-2018, 11:38 PM)PozinBootz Wrote: £20 placed

Money well spent until they play England of course. Big Grin Undecided
Let’s hope we can turn up on Tuesday and do enough to beat Colombia who knows?
And now Spain are out strange competition this one.
Japan played well
The England v Colombia game was awful until the shoot out One Mackem misses the other one becomes a hero it was a fantastic save. So we finally win a penalty shoot out and play the mighty Sweden in the quarter final!
I still believe that Russiya will win this WC. But, France and England have a very good chance too. Especially England, with almost every other big teams out of the tournament, this could be your year guys.
(26-06-2018, 11:38 PM)PozinBootz Wrote: £20 placed

Sorry about that Belgium just done a number on them Big Grin Big Grin
Be honest who cried. I have to say I did not quite close with the anthems.I was stone cold sober having said this so just took it on the chin. Beers on board may have been different!