The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We aren't fucked were just preparing for Mexit
The season so far is just perfect any other way and the leech would be here for evermore.
Humiliating relegation sounds a plan with maybe 21 points just to keep us above the mackems most embarrassing totals...

End game being a takeover albeit in the lower league and the partys on Tyneside would be memorable....

Keep going lads every defeat will be wildly cheered here as long as our cup final is an Ashley exit.... if that doesn't work I might just become immortal in Tyneside legend at the end of a Markell - want a statue mind Smile
(21-10-2018, 10:30 PM)PozinBootz Wrote: The season so far is just perfect any other way and the leech would be here for evermore.
Humiliating relegation sounds a plan with maybe 21 points just to keep us above the mackems most embarrassing totals...

End game being a takeover albeit in the lower league and the partys on Tyneside would be memorable....

Keep going lads every defeat will be wildly cheered here as long as our cup final is an Ashley exit.... if that doesn't work I might just become immortal in Tyneside legend at the end of a Markell - want a statue mind Smile
That is one way of looking at it. I would still like us to win a few games though. I have mixed emotions. I hate Ashley but I hate seeing us lose every week aswell. I love the idea of him fucking off-but would relegation change his mindset. I have my doubts. In the meantime can we please try and win a couple of games to cheer me up a touch Confused Undecided
The fat guy won't leave even if we going down again this season. An we won't win another league game until January next year. Dark time ahead.
(23-10-2018, 08:07 AM)veriaqa Wrote: The fat guy won't leave even if we going down again this season. An we won't win another league game until January next year. Dark time ahead.

I agree I can’t see the fat person vacating SJP anytime soon that’s why I am hoping that we start to win a few games.
It's cheaper in the Championship and we're on the telly more.
(26-11-2018, 09:42 AM)Ghostrider Wrote: Sometimes it's better the so called devil you know.
I personally don't think Ashley is anywhere near as bad as is being made out.
That might not go down too well but this club is pretty solid with him at the helm, even if it is struggling in the league at the minute.

There's arguments against him on a big scale for many things but there's also a lot for him.
The issues and arguments tend to get out of hand when some people do not see what others do or accept what others accept.

Once a bandwagon gains a bit of traction, things can get skewed where more and more people join it and refuse to see anything other than turmoil.

I see all kinds of arguments about ambition and investment, plus the argument that other clubs (even smaller ones) outspend us and are ambitious.
That's fair enough in the cold light of day...but what's the overall end product for that so called ambition?

All I often see is, "11 years of misery under Ashley."

To be honest it's been far from 11 years of misery. It's just not been 11 years of success at premier league level. But then again, when was the last time we had success at premier league level, or even the old first division that the premier league is now?

It hasn't been anything special under Ashley but we've had some exciting times and some really good football in that 11 years just as much as the dire stuff.

It comes down to " one mans junk is another man's treasure."
By that, I mean taking the rough with the smooth and accepting what is deemed as derogatory as actual success and excitement.

What am I talking about?
The two championship titles.
"Yeah but they're not the premier league title." I hear many say.
I agree, obviously they're not but they did create excitement for many fans.

The problem tends to come down to how we see Newcastle United in our general biased way and how we expect Newcastle United to operate in our biased way.
We basically demand a lot but get delivered much less than we demand.
We tend to live on the past, on super number 9's and  the Hall/Keegan entertainers era, where it appeared money was no object and players were queuing up to be part of European footballer of the year Keegan's revolution.

It was great while it lasted but there's a lot more in that era that had massive ramifications to how we are as it stands.
Ashley's made some naive errors and some unwelcome decisions and has to take the blame for that, naturally.
But also he can take as many plaudits in many ways that are deemed good and bad to fans, depending on their general consensus that has been built up about him over his ownership.

We are as good as most clubs outside the top 6 or you could say as bad. On our day bar the top teams we will hold our own. But most supporters of all the teams will feel the same as us. We have had 3 wins in a row we could still go on a losing streak as can most teams bar the top one’s.
I can dismantle that in its entirety with 4 words.
"Ashley is a cunt"

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
(27-11-2018, 06:32 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: I can dismantle that in its entirety with 4 words.
"Ashley is a cunt"

Don’t mix your words Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(27-11-2018, 06:40 PM)surreymag Wrote:
(27-11-2018, 06:32 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: I can dismantle that in its entirety with 4 words.
"Ashley is a cunt"

Don’t mix your words Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Aslhey si a cnut. That's mixing me words lol

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!