The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
antonio barreca
first one over the line......

[Image: _105412384_gettyimages-1126434144.jpg]
on loan player
we didn't spend any penny for this player. classic ashley
£21m for almiron though .......my flabber is well and truly gasted
(31-01-2019, 04:56 PM)Peachy Wrote: £21m for almiron though .......my flabber is well and truly gasted

Me anarl - I quite like the look of this player anarl from what little I've heard of him. Not only a quick talented left footer, who gives his all and not afraid to track back, but  seems to have a cracking attitude.

Rather telling that the thumb reveals Rafa wanted him over a year ago. Looks like the cockney wanker wobbled.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
that's a club record. beating michael owen's fee.
Just the two then, not sure if that's enough to put a smile on Rafa's face
I agree. Signing Miggy didn't even put a dint in FMA's profit. Suggestions are that a loan (prolyl overdraft) was taken out with Barclays with the next PL instalment as surety, begging the question - where has all the money gone? Paid out in dividends or paid back some of the loan?

I also wonder how much he's saving in wages with the recent offloading of players. Sounds like he's balancing the books in favour of balancing the squad, which is in effect weaker as we have reduced cover and if Rondon becomes crocked we will be properly fucked. I'm under no illusion that Ashley has signed Almiron to appease Rafa and along that line of thinking especially with the amount of departures, giving him belief he was looking to sign a left winger and a striker in addition, which never materialised.

He's playing the cunt again. He's probably played this to save his ego, to emphasise no one bests him. Ordinarily I would say the FCB has fallen well short and Rafa is shrewd enough to see this and will either walk in the summer or refuse to sign anything other than a short term rolling contract. My only problem is Rafa might find it hard enough to take a tough stance owing to Miggy's comment that the opportunity to be coached by Rafa weighed heavily in his decision to come here. Rafa might think he owes loyalty to Miggy because of that and Ashley has weighed this into the equation at the time when gambling - again - with the clubs future.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
aye good point, commenting that benitez was a big reason for him signing, considering we only expect rafa to be here for four months of almirons five and a half year deal does appear an unusual thing to say.....unless miggy knows something we don't know. 

Dodgy
(01-02-2019, 11:54 AM)Scrivenator Wrote: I agree. Signing Miggy didn't even put a dint in FMA's profit. Suggestions are that a loan (prolyl overdraft) was taken out with Barclays with the next PL instalment as surety, begging the question - where has all the money gone? Paid out in dividends or paid back some of the loan?

I also wonder how much he's saving in wages with the recent offloading of players. Sounds like he's balancing the books in favour of balancing the squad, which is in effect weaker as we have reduced cover and if Rondon becomes crocked we will be properly fucked. I'm under no illusion that Ashley has signed Almiron to appease Rafa and along that line of thinking especially with the amount of departures, giving him belief he was looking to sign a left winger and a striker in addition, which never materialised.

He's playing the cunt again. He's probably played this to save his ego, to emphasise no one bests him. Ordinarily I would say the FCB has fallen well short and Rafa is shrewd enough to see this and will either walk in the summer or refuse to sign anything other than a short term rolling contract. My only problem is Rafa might find it hard enough to take a tough stance owing to Miggy's comment that the opportunity to be coached by Rafa weighed heavily in his decision to come here. Rafa might think he owes loyalty to Miggy because of that and Ashley has weighed this into the equation at the time when gambling - again - with the clubs future.
Some good points there looks like it might be quite a clever signing by MA in the light of what the lad has said. It is a gamble as we could still disappear through the trap door. At least it’s hopefully strengthened the squad.