The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England in the World Cup 2018
I'm starting a new thread here to separate England from the other WC thread. I didn't think, pre-tournament, that there were any expectations to progress too far but here we are, out of the group stages and facing Colombia.

Also, you don't have to stick to single threads and shit here. If there are 40 threads about Wank signing for FC Spunk then I might do something but you don't have to pile all the World Cup shite into one thread if you don't want to.
(28-06-2018, 09:26 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: I'm starting a new thread here to separate England from the other WC thread. I didn't think, pre-tournament, that there were any expectations to progress too far but here we are, out of the group stages and facing Colombia.

Also, you don't have to stick to single threads and shit here. If there are 40 threads about Wank signing for FC Spunk then I might do something but you don't have to pile all the World Cup shite into one thread if you don't want to.
Yes England are doing better than usual. Last night’s game was a strange one. Whatever Southgate decided to do he was always going to get criticised by some. Belgium are ranked 3rd in the World and their squad is sronger than England’s. Looking forward to the game on Tuesday. Colombia are a decent side they play nice football but they are beatable.
Smooth move by Southgate - took the longer term view and did it perfectly.

We don't have a second string whereas Belgium do - simples Smile
(29-06-2018, 02:12 PM)PozinBootz Wrote: Smooth move by Southgate - took the longer term view and did it perfectly.

We don't have a second string whereas Belgium do - simples Smile

Time will tell at the end of the day you have to beat whoever you come up against at this stage. No room for error. Huh
Sweden will be well organised I think we might nick it by the odd goal. A 3-2 thriller would be nice.

Better team won. Missed chances cost us unfortunately
We more or less got to this stage by default, and by the time we arrived we were found wanting.

Throughout the tournament we lacked any real variation in our play and were entirely predictable because of it and the general media hyped us
right up which pissed me off no end.

This insistence about playing across the back done my dinger in and we were lucky not to concede stupid goals because of it. We could have easily gifted them 3 goals directly as a result of it. Even in the second half of extra time we kept sweeping the ball back instead of sticking it down their throats.

We should have and could have killed the game in the first half bit allowed them back into the game and by the time they had equalised we were completely bereft of any ideas.

Typical of England, we were bigged up contrary to our ability and achieved nowt but leaving  me fuming and as frustrated as fuck - once again.

Coming home my arse.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
Miserable owld cunt.
Well, better luck next time guys.
(11-07-2018, 09:43 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: We more or less got to this stage by default, and by the time we arrived we were found wanting.

Throughout the tournament we lacked any real variation in our play and were entirely predictable because of it and the general media hyped us
right up which pissed me off no end.

This insistence about playing across the back done my dinger in and we were lucky not to concede stupid goals because of it. We could have easily gifted them 3 goals directly as a result of it. Even in the second half of extra time we kept sweeping the ball back instead of sticking it down their throats.

We should have and could have killed the game in the first half bit allowed them back into the game and by the time they had equalised we were completely bereft of any ideas.

Typical of England, we were bigged up contrary to our ability and achieved nowt but leaving  me fuming and as frustrated as fuck - once again.

Coming home my arse.
Your comments are fair enough but the team did do better than expected. Many teams under performed in the competition who on paper are better than us. We looked shell shocked after they equalised and in the end were beaten by the stronger team. Disappointing but not surprising. Now we can get back to worrying about NUFC Big Grin
It was the wrath of Bacchus that caused us to lose. All of those fucking idiots throwing their beer away whenever England scored. A total waste - even if it was pissy Yank lager or whatever, it's still symbolic of the brewer's craft. Bacchus was angry. Never cross Bacchus.
I was really cynical about the world cup but halfway through the QF got the fever for it big time. Was excited and nervous waiting for KO last night.

In terms of our progress to the semis we got out the group easy which I thought might be beyond us. Our second string lost to the Belgian reserves but it gave us an easier draw. We have some reasonable starters but we lack depth and quality.

In terms of the team itself Pickford was magnificent, Trippier is quality. Last night we needed a big one from Kane but it did not quite happen. In the future we need two or three other genuine threats. Lingard might prove to be one.

Sterling - has pace but no football brain at all, he was a weak link all the time. Deli Ali overhyped as well, got a good headed goal but gives the ball away too cheap. Not keen on either of them.

Last night when we were a goal up and doing ok in the first half I honestly believed that if we pinged in a second goal to go 2 up then we were through. We had chances, if Kane had squared the ball to Sterling maybe that was the moment, having said that Sterling is so gash he could have found a way to miss or squander it. Croatia to there credit kept going and the momentum was with them after half time. I felt our chance had gone and was wondering if we could either hold on for pens or somehow make one more decent chance. Think Rashfords lack of game time showed and we had nothing on the bench to change it.

The team did well overall and it is a good foundation to move on, missed opportunity like but hey that is football.
1st. half  pretty  even, 2nd.  half  out  run,  out  muscled,  out  thought,  and  out  played. Angry
Croatians are tough fukkers we are Spurs Manny Pandy softies

Money on Belgium tomorrow

Trippier excepted
(13-07-2018, 10:28 PM)PozinBootz Wrote: Croatians are tough fukkers we are Spurs Manny Pandy softies

Money on Belgium tomorrow

Trippier excepted

Yep going to be a game too far for both teams so fuck knows what the final score will be. Give the lads who have not had a game a chance as it doesn’t matter who wins!