The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toon v Manure
Feck! Feck! Feckity-feck!

Just when I was hoping the outcome of this match would pile more pressure on FMA we have to go and turn Manure over! 

Admittedly we looked a different team from last week, but lets not forget just how poor Man U were. They were beyond shite.

It was pleasing to see young Longstaff get a goal, I just wished it was a consolation...

Saint Max looks to be a tremendous player like. Wonder who will end up signing him?

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
I hate Man U so I was a very happy man with that result. We actually have some half decent players and on the evidence of yesterday I think we will stay up. Not sure how I feel about that but situation would not change with relegation the fat bloke is going nowhere soon so we may aswell win enough games to stay up. Could still all go horribly wrong of course time will tell.
We're each of us both wrong for the right reasons or right for the wrong reasons if that makes sense

Well manchester now is a very different team from what they used to be. So this win feel nothing special. But a win is a win and I'm happy with that.
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ
(09-10-2019, 10:08 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: We're each of us both wrong for the right reasons or right for the wrong reasons if that makes sense

Yes I know what you mean think it’s just the general state of the club that pisses me off I still want to see us winning games even though I realise it might not be the best outcome moving forward. Huh Huh
Exactly. I'm thinking this way as I think its for the greater good. I feel desperately sorry for the likes of Miggy. He's a cracking player but being here could be his ruination. If only FMA had conceded that Rafa's vision was the right way, it could have been the stepping stone to something great...

Back to losing ways again this weekend not too bad 1-0 defeat v Chelsea nothing changes for the better that’s for sure. It’s the same every season flirting with relegation,getting relegated then coming back up for more pain. Might be just as easy to stay down for a few years then Ashley might get rid,bit of a gamble.Difficult to move on while we have him at the helm of the ship.
We simply don't have the firepower to stay out of the drop zone. From what little I saw of the Chelsea game, albeit on MOD it was blatantly obvious that Joelinton is isolated up front even when he come deep he has acres of space ahead of him with no outlet. We just haven't the goals in us. Simples.

Aye but we spent £40m on a striker so it must be someone else's fault.
Lucky to come away with a point in the end today. I thought we blew it 2nd half or maybe Wolves woke up and showed how mediocre we are at best. 1-1 ok in the end.
That was a bonus today played well closer than it should have been. We were good today whether it lasts remains to be seen.
1st half  new  Toon  -----------------   2nd  half  old  Toon           Cool
It’s all going wrong for a lot of people two wins in a row. I have to say not for me I am very content and happy. By all accounts like last week the team played well. Will it last many will say hope not, I say hope it does. We have some decent players whether people agree or disagree is up to them.
I'll respond to that by saying firstly I would hope never to fall out with anyone over us doing well, or disagreeing with my wishes for us to get relegated. My ultimate wish is for Ashley to sever all ties with the club, and if failure is the price, so be it.

I don't disagree, we have some decent players. Stand out's are Miggy and St. Maxim, both are exciting and get arses of seats. The team played well yesterday. I only saw the second half, but the way we played was a revelation.

Stand out for me is Miggy. What an exceptional player he is and we have certainly unearthed a diamond. His work rate is phenomenal. He's up and down the pitch like a brides nighty. Its not just his work rate. He plays with desire and a smile on his face. He's not without skill either, as well as being fucking rapid and direct. It seems he is criticised for not scoring. I can forgive his lack of goals (so far) because of the sheer value he brings to the team in other areas. He is fast becoming one of my favourite players of all time. I'm mindful he is also being played out of position! Has it escaped anyone else's notice he plays better when Ritchie isn't, because he isn't starved of service? I so desperately want him to score.

St Maxim is a box of tricks. I love his skill, pace, directness, unpredictability desire and work rate. Similar to Miggy in many respects but Miggy has that "je ne sais quoi"

For me, these two as individuals have influenced the dynamic of the teams performance above anyone else. Yesterdays team performance is the best I have seen for a long time and an indicator of things to come. If we maintain that, I believe we are a match for any team and will stroll up the table.

But here is the rub. How long are our best players going to be here? As soon as he sniffs a profit, Ashley will have no hesitation of selling, disrupting any consistency and rebuilding all over again, hence the lack of consistency over the previous years since he became owner.

And that's where I'm coming from. Sacrifice for the greater good.

(10-11-2019, 10:59 AM)Scrivenator Wrote: I'll respond to that by saying firstly I would hope never to fall out with anyone over us doing well, or disagreeing with my wishes for us to get relegated. My ultimate wish is for Ashley to sever all ties with the club, and if failure is the price, so be it.

I don't disagree, we have some decent players. Stand out's are Miggy and St. Maxim, both are exciting and get arses of seats. The team played well yesterday. I only saw the second half, but the way we played was a revelation.

Stand out for me is Miggy. What an exceptional player he is and we have certainly unearthed a diamond. His work rate is phenomenal. He's up and down the pitch like a brides nighty. Its not just his work rate. He plays with desire and a smile on his face. He's not without skill either, as well as being fucking rapid and direct. It seems he is criticised for not scoring. I can forgive his lack of goals (so far) because of the sheer value he brings to the team in other areas. He is fast becoming one of my favourite players of all time. I'm mindful he is also being played out of position! Has it escaped anyone else's notice he plays better when Ritchie isn't, because he isn't starved of service? I so desperately want him to score.

St Maxim is a box of tricks. I love his skill, pace, directness, unpredictability desire and work rate. Similar to Miggy in many respects but Miggy has that "je ne sais quoi"

For me, these two as individuals have influenced the dynamic of the teams performance above anyone else. Yesterdays team performance is the best I have seen for a long time and an indicator of things to come. If we maintain that, I believe we are a match for any team and will stroll up the table.

But here is the rub. How long are our best players going to be here? As soon as he sniffs a profit, Ashley will have no hesitation of selling, disrupting any consistency and rebuilding all over again, hence the lack of consistency over the previous years since he became owner.

And that's where I'm coming from. Sacrifice for the greater good.

I understand your frustration with Ashley and I would much prefer it if he fucked off. I am just enjoying the fact that we have won two games on the bounce. I am fully aware that because of how he operates that any one of any value may well be sold on for whatever profit he can make. The man is a twat basically. I guess I am just reflecting from a footballing point of view  Cool