The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SendVillaDoon v Toon
Howay the lads revenge is always sweet on these upstarts 2-0 Miggy and Big Joe ?
(18-11-2019, 09:02 PM)Pozzysback Wrote: Howay the lads revenge is always sweet on these upstarts 2-0 Miggy and Big Joe ?

Yes that would be good. Mate of mine is a Villa fan he’s actually ok. Helped me home from the club a few months ago the day Stokes beat the Aussies and we beat Spurs 1-0. Mixture of the heat and too much gin got the better of me. The rest as they say is history. A lot of Villa fans are a pain no love lost between the two clubs  Big Grin . Good to have you back sir.
I'd love to see the horrible barstewards go straght back doon but I dont think its gonna happen whether we beat them or not sadly.
(20-11-2019, 11:07 AM)BFT Wrote: I'd love to see the horrible barstewards go straght back doon but I dont think its gonna happen whether we beat them or not sadly.

I think they're on the slide BgFtTt and yes I can see them going down. Lots of promoted sides have a canny start then hit the buffers.
Likely be a draw which we would take but there is no reason why we can't grab the points if we take our defend well and break like the clappers game which we saw at West Ham Cool

Oh and good to be around again Sir Surrey ...
Hmmm just looked at the table - didn't realise they were 4th bottom.  Haven't been paying attention, I thought they were around mid table for some reason.

Had nee idea we are 4 points above them Blush
Well we were shit tonight enough said.
That's what now? 14 consecutive Monday night games that we've played away from home? The last home fixture was in 2012 against Wigan.

That's not 'coincidence' or 'luck of the draw'. That's deliberate bias.

Football's fucked. Sky's fucked it up. It's scripted and VAR is helping make sure that whoever Sky favours wins the league, etc. It's a corrupt game and the sooner fans realise this the better. Cancel Sky.
(26-11-2019, 07:23 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: That's what now? 14 consecutive Monday night games that we've played away from home? The last home fixture was in 2012 against Wigan.

That's not 'coincidence' or 'luck of the draw'. That's deliberate bias.

Football's fucked. Sky's fucked it up. It's scripted and VAR is helping make sure that whoever Sky favours wins the league, etc. It's a corrupt game and the sooner fans realise this the better. Cancel Sky.

I blame Corbyn Big Grin  oh I mean Bruce Ashley the puppet son Dodgy
Sky's influence has corrupted the game. Priced out the working man and transferred access to the elite.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
(28-11-2019, 01:01 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: Sky's influence has corrupted the game. Priced out the working man and transferred access to the elite.

Enjoyed my Joe Harvey days for exactly that reason - it was an ordinary mans time at football matches with humble wages etc
(28-11-2019, 06:20 PM)Pozzysback Wrote:
(28-11-2019, 01:01 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: Sky's influence has corrupted the game. Priced out the working man and transferred access to the elite.

Enjoyed my Joe Harvey days for exactly that reason - it was an ordinary mans time at football matches with humble wages etc
Me too that was my era when I used to go to all the home games standing on the Leazes End singing my head off every game regardless of the score line. The memories are happy and lasting. Hillsborough Semi game magical and the trip to Wembley not so great but both fantastic days out for a 16 year old besotted adolescent from Whitley Bay. Used to be in the ground about an hour before the game no season tickets just queueing with everyone else and enjoying the banter with mates.
(28-11-2019, 08:40 PM)surreymag Wrote:
(28-11-2019, 06:20 PM)Pozzysback Wrote:

Me too that was my era when I used to go to all the home games standing on the Leazes End singing my head off every game regardless of the score line. The memories are happy and lasting. Hillsborough Semi game magical and the trip to Wembley not so great but both fantastic days out for a 16 year old besotted adolescent from Whitley Bay. Used to be in the ground about an hour before the game no season tickets just queueing with everyone else and enjoying the banter with mates.

I took my Radio cassette recorder into The Leazes End and taped the crowd on a C90 - forget the game but captured the chanting and atmosphere brilliantly. Listened to it regularly to get me in the mood before match days - some great songs back then I liked the Jimmy Smith song and also Frank Clark knows my fatha etc  Smile
I loved the excitement and atmosphere back in those days. The surge of the crowd evertime we attacked and the goal celebrations different gravy. Away from home is still good,at SJP when I went last season it was shit. The whole match day experience has changed and not for the better. I am not going to any home games this year can’t be arsed with it. Might go to Palace and Brighton away as they are close to where I live.
I don't think I miss the bogs being ankle deep in piss.
(29-11-2019, 03:21 PM)surreymag Wrote: I loved the excitement and atmosphere back in those days. The surge of the crowd evertime we attacked and the goal celebrations different gravy. Away from home is still good,at SJP when I went last season it was shit. The whole match day experience has changed and not for the better. I am not going to any home games this year can’t be arsed with it. Might go to Palace and Brighton away as they are close to where I live.

I was young and daft so I am sure that doesn’t come into my memory but I guess you are correct  Big Grin Huh I copied the wrong message it was meant to be the one about the bogs I think I am losing the plot or perhaps I already have Big Grin