The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheff Utd
Great result - play to the whistle I say

Linesmen should be told to keep flags down if unsure that's my penneth then VAR can decide
I'll take that but I still don't like the whole idea around VAR. I'm actually surprised we've been given the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. There must be some crucial games coming up where it'll be used to fuck us over as these things 'balance out over the season'.

Before this one I've not had the opportunity to watch any games this season, although I've seen a few highlights. Is this what we do now? Defend our final third for the majority of the game with the odd excursion up front if one of the pacy lads or a target man can hold the ball up long enough?

Quite like that Saint Maximin lad. He's got a fair bit of skill to pose a real threat. Almiron continues to simultaneously excite and frustrate. Carroll attracted some attention from defenders but I don't think those around him understood that they had to play their part in using the spaces he created for them. Except Saint Maximin for his goal.

It's not very attractive at all, but football has lost a lot of its beauty in the last few years. For me anyway.
It’s been like that for a good few years under Rafa that’s how we played sometimes even more defensive and very few complained when it worked. Not pretty last night but let’s be honest great result away to Sheffield Utd who have been playing well. Wonder how we set up on Sunday at home let’s hope we are a bit more attack minded who knows!?
My understanding was you play to the whistle, so in effect it the linesman flagging was irrelevant. The players were numpties for stopping play and as professionals who ought to know the rules have no basis for complaint and don't get my sympathy. Shelvey tucked the goal away quite nicely either way.

How the fuck we won is beyond me. 23 percent possession, almost all of which was wasteful. 2 chances, two goals. I like the way Sheff U attack, fluid movement and passing. They've surprised me this season for supposed strugglers and but for Dubs were unlucky not to score.

I'm undecided about VAR. Its ruined one aspect of the game as celebrations after the ball is netted are mooted and if and when a goal is allowed there's that lack of depth of delight and spontaneity that was otherwise there before. The case for VAR also doesn't help when there's that element of sheer fuckwittery in some of the decisions that defy common sense and logic.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!