The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit
Its happening...

Smile Smile Smile

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
About time that’s all I can say. The whole election/Brexit nonesence has done my head in.
If  any  one  can  cock  it  up,  then  Boris  can   Big Grin Cool
I am still thoroughly against Brexit. In all these years nobody has offered one single benefit in favour of it. Not one. It's a xenophobic pipe dream and when the reality of job losses hit home those who voted for it will point their fingers of blame elsewhere.

The EU might not be perfect - nothing is - but this country is better off as a part of it. It costs relatively fuck all to be a part of it and the benefits hugely outweigh that in terms of trade with our closest neighbours. As a nation we have around 10% of the voting power but it doesn't work like that. It's about the influence and as a nation we probably had closer to 90% as we persuaded other member states to vote with us. Many EU regulations were British led. We're going to lose that. We're about to lose our considerable influence in the largest trading bloc in the world and all because some fucking pensioners heard someone speaking Polish in a post office.

I am speaking from a position of authority on this. I have been involved in regulatory affairs for far too long. It's tedious, it is far too bureaucratic and fucking hell negotiating with lawyers (arguing actually) on the interpretations of various clauses is challenging. It's hard work but I've always won my case because EU regulations are there in writing and I have stated my stance based on them. Many countries outside of the EU use EU regulations to determine standards for themselves. They have no say in the regs of course but they adopt them because they have nothing else. 

We're going to leave this influence and become a country that adopts the laws of others rather than being an authority to dictate the law. We're not taking back control, we're losing it.

I have nothing but contempt for this country right now. I'm looking at my options for somewhere I can emigrate to and prosper. This country has had it. It's full of fuckwits.
I voted to stay but the country as a whole democratically want to leave only just but that was the result. That’s why I think it needs to be done.I am not saying it will be good/ bad or indifferent I am purely basing my thoughts on the way the country voted.
It wasn't a legitimate referendum. The leave campaign broke electoral law. That's not an opinion, that is fact. The only reason the referendum wasn't voided and ordered to be held again was the referendum was advisory only, not binding.

But fuck it - I'm sick of the whole thing. I don't want to hear any whining from those who voted for it all when they all start suffering the consequences. The very fact that Consett voted Tory has to have set some alarm bells ringing though. I suspect targeted ads on Facebook spreading misinformation and downright lies. Almost 6000 political ads on Facebook by the Tories were found to have misleading information in them by an independent body. Do you know how many of Labour's ads were found to have lied? 0 - none - zilch - fuck all.

It isn't democracy, it's brain washing on a scale that the world has never seen before. This is how politics is done now. The mega-rich own the means of disseminating 'information' on a far larger scale than they used to and are using it en masse. They can identify actual individuals through social media and target them with personal ads to trigger their emotions and manipulate them into voting a certain way. There are no regulations governing this either.

I reckon we're going to be extinct within 5 generations anyway. We're fucking up the planet on a massive scale. Unless a huge cataclysm occurs in the galaxy that sends out a shockwave of gamma radiation, effectively destroying all complex life in its path before that.

But yeah until then I will laugh as the people of Consett wait for their promised riches to arrive. Fucking thick cunts. Glad I got out of the shithole.
(14-12-2019, 05:53 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: I am still thoroughly against Brexit. In all these years nobody has offered one single benefit in favour of it. Not one. It's a xenophobic pipe dream and when the reality of job losses hit home those who voted for it will point their fingers of blame elsewhere.

The EU might not be perfect - nothing is - but this country is better off as a part of it. It costs relatively fuck all to be a part of it and the benefits hugely outweigh that in terms of trade with our closest neighbours. As a nation we have around 10% of the voting power but it doesn't work like that. It's about the influence and as a nation we probably had closer to 90% as we persuaded other member states to vote with us. Many EU regulations were British led. We're going to lose that. We're about to lose our considerable influence in the largest trading bloc in the world and all because some fucking pensioners heard someone speaking Polish in a post office.

I am speaking from a position of authority on this. I have been involved in regulatory affairs for far too long. It's tedious, it is far too bureaucratic and fucking hell negotiating with lawyers (arguing actually) on the interpretations of various clauses is challenging. It's hard work but I've always won my case because EU regulations are there in writing and I have stated my stance based on them. Many countries outside of the EU use EU regulations to determine standards for themselves. They have no say in the regs of course but they adopt them because they have nothing else. 

We're going to leave this influence and become a country that adopts the laws of others rather than being an authority to dictate the law. We're not taking back control, we're losing it.

I have nothing but contempt for this country right now. I'm looking at my options for somewhere I can emigrate to and prosper. This country has had it. It's full of fuckwits.

You should try New Zealand - remember, that Commonwealth nation that we almost bankrupted by severing trade agreements when we first joined the "common market" who then had to look to trade elsewhere and ended up in the South Pacific rim agreement, prospered and never looked back? Rolleyes

Come the end of January, I'm going to celebrate by eating a fucking bent banana!!!

The same New Zealand that prospered by trading with their closest neighbours? Who, as part of ANZAC, adopt EU regulations resulting in lower barriers to trade in most of the world? EU regulations that we used to have a primary role in forming and a major vote in finalising? Now, instead of being leaders in dictating regulations we will have to adopt the regulations of others without any say whatsoever*. We're going to become followers rather than leaders.

* we can still have our say but only through lobbying other EU states to speak on our behalf. We won't be able to lobby on our own behalf. We become beggars not choosers.

Whatever happened to NZ almost 50 years ago is completely irrelevant today, unless you believe that we should punish ourselves as a nation for that. The world changed, we were no longer head of an empire. Nations continued to form economic alliances and the largest of those to this day is the EU.
Dunno where else to suggest then. Canada perhaps?

I'll start my own nation. You'll see!