The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shit Hobbies
Had a lovel sesh on the pipe at Whitley the other night. Pollock coalie sandeel and mackerel all on the spinner.
(29-06-2018, 04:01 PM)Big aRSe Wrote: Had a lovel sesh on the pipe at Whitley the other night. Pollock coalie sandeel and mackerel all on the spinner.

Are you talking about fishing or a night in bars in Whitley Bay. I bet a lot of those bars on South Parade have gone now? As for hobbies I quite like the quiz in the pub on a Wednesday. Not too taxing 25 questions then a money question at the end. I used to enjoy swimming still do on holiday more so in the sea preferably the warm Mediterranean not the Channel or North Sea these days anyway.
Whitley bay died as a boozing place years ago. However, it's making a comeback with microbrewery pubs and decent restaurants

https://m.facebook.com/The-Dog-Rabbit-Mi...925376487/
(29-06-2018, 04:01 PM)Big aRSe Wrote: Had a lovel sesh on the pipe at Whitley the other night. Pollock coalie sandeel and mackerel all on the spinner.

Just realised who you are - sorry I'm so slow - tight lines Smile
(29-06-2018, 09:11 PM)Big aRSe Wrote: Whitley bay died as a boozing place years ago. However, it's making a comeback with microbrewery pubs and decent restaurants

https://m.facebook.com/The-Dog-Rabbit-Mi...925376487/

Park view as I remember was just a road with shops no pubs that’s for sure. Are any of the pubs in Monkseaton still around. I was brought up not far from the Monkseaton Arms etc my brain has given up!
I once caught a 200 lb Turbot in Derwent Reservoir, but no-one believed me as i didn't have camera. Had to chuck it back cos it wouldn't have fitted in the boot of the car.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
(30-06-2018, 10:09 AM)Scrivenator Wrote: I once caught a 200 lb Turbot in Derwent Reservoir, but no-one believed me as i didn't have camera. Had to chuck it back cos it wouldn't have fitted in the boot of the car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Poz!

Aye Surrey all the monkseaton bars are still going. They're pretty rough these days like.
Had a good session on the boat off newbiggin point on Monday. Over 120 cod between 3 of us. Fished the old pipe at Whitley bay again tonight in the hope of a pollock. Nothing but the odd mackerel showing.
120 cod?

How many 90 poond turbots?
(25-07-2018, 10:31 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: 120 cod?

How many 90 poond turbots?

Thems babbies man .... I know this lad wot reckons...... oh wait Smile
Someone suggested walking football not sure but might not be a bad shout. I am ok mobility wise and better since I lost a few pounds. Running around is not for me anymore so could be an option I guess.
(27-07-2018, 11:25 AM)surreymag Wrote: Someone suggested walking football not sure but might not be a bad shout. I am ok mobility wise and better since I lost a few pounds. Running around is not for me anymore so could be an option I guess.

Got a team in our pub who are supposed to be canny.
Fair few stone between them like Smile
That's just reminded me of Still Game when they entered a tournament.
(27-07-2018, 01:06 PM)PozinBootz Wrote:
(27-07-2018, 11:25 AM)surreymag Wrote: Someone suggested walking football not sure but might not be a bad shout. I am ok mobility wise and better since I lost a few pounds. Running around is not for me anymore so could be an option I guess.

Got a team in our pub who are supposed to be canny.
Fair few stone between them like Smile

Sounds like a good team for me to join Big Grin