The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your magical memories of the old forum
A lot to go at so maybe think a bit hard here.

One of my favs was the lad called One Arm from Bearpark who told the forum he did indeed have a missing limb due to a nasty injury.

Stupidly though he accepted an invite to a match meet up one day where about 10 of us managed to meet for a pint (including Mark Wilko Still Loves Bobby and Nath) and lo and behold he had two perfect arms and told me he had done it for a bit of sympathy and attention and later had to back his tale up in the forum. I did buy him a pint which he held perfectly with his new arm!!!
He did genuinely have a problem with one of his testicles though.
It was much bigger than the other two.

Mintgate.

Rawchickengate

Homelessdannygate.

Otbaggate.

Deffygate.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
Not that magical just enjoyed the general banter that was around with a few interesting characters including Deffy thrown into the mix. There were a couple of mackem lads who were generally ok unlike some of the dicks who post on the bbc post match comment board after our games.
Turbotgate

(07-01-2020, 09:16 AM)Scrivenator Wrote: Turbotgate

There were many 'golden' threads of course but some of the best were just run of the mill discussions. I began a 'weirdos down your way' thread in which I described one or two locals including Vincent Spockmire who I saw just last week. He believes he is a german WW2 lad and rides around on his bike which is adorned in appropriate memorabilia. Our lass has dealt with him at the council...

Smokey took the thread over with descriptions of Walney Island weirdos who way outnumbered my local mob. Some of the goings on in West Cumbria were incredulous I just wish someone had copied and pasted this thread as it was a treasure trove of human eccentricities
I still love Smokie or Pachow Pachong as he calls himself on FB now.

Come now lets have some more memories x
I liked the threads where we took the piss out of DSC and his £130 headphones.  There was a couple of belters
(15-01-2020, 01:11 AM)BFT Wrote: I liked the threads where we took the piss out of DSC and his £130 headphones.  There was a couple of belters

Aye, that was a good un.

There was one chap, some Irish fella who was a mouthy twat. Any road, I concocted a spoof e-mail address to give the appearance of being an official forum e-mail one. I said me and the other staff had had discussions and considered he was "Mod" material, and what were his thoughts? signing it off as Mark.

He replied saying he would jump at the chance adding something to the effect that "you know what I have to offer" 

I outed this on the forum and he tried to backtrack, saying he knew all along it was a wind up but we all knew he was creaming his pants thinking he had been offered the post  Big Grin Big Grin

Hmmm dont remember that - must have been before my time.

I dont think many will remember this but there was a good thread Big Danny started asking where he could get a trampoline for his girlfriends birthday.  It started off with us gently winding him up a bit but ended with his lass being branded a fat ugly cunt amongst other things and threats of bans from Mark before the thread was deleted.  Quality stuff Cool
(15-01-2020, 02:36 PM)BFT Wrote: Hmmm dont remember that - must have been before my time.

I dont think many will remember this but there was a good thread Big Danny started asking where he could get a trampoline for his girlfriends birthday.  It started off with us gently winding him up a bit but ended with his lass being branded a fat ugly cunt amongst other things and threats of bans from Mark before the thread was deleted.  Quality stuff Cool

I believe you are confused about Mark threatening to ban anyone.

I think he threatened to bring some bouncers in.

Hahaha.  

I've also just remembered Spackmatic Smile   Now that was fun
(16-01-2020, 12:18 AM)BFT Wrote: Hahaha.  

I don't remember that one. Perhaps I was banned at the time.

(16-01-2020, 11:00 AM)Scrivenator Wrote:

WTF was Spackmatic? Lost in my anals of history that one...come clean now ...out with it!

I recall doing loads of limerics in the poetry thread once my Friday night alcohol had kicked in. There were some canny artists too who cracked out the cartoons ...
Who was that nutcase that thought the world was flat and thought the sun and moon were holograms or something.

This was 1 of his many many crazy thoughts (it wasn't paulus).
(16-01-2020, 05:16 PM)Pozzysback Wrote:

WTF was Spackmatic? Lost in my anals of history that one...come clean now ...out with it!

Spackmatic = jackamatic

I actually cant remember how it started or what it was about but he had a right barney with Scriv once.  He started off cocky as fuck and so full of himself but by the end of it he was a gibbering wreck and I dont think he ever posted again.

I'm sure there was more to it than that but me memory's really hazy on it for some reason other than remembering it was funny as fuck.

Scoot - That was magvicar.  The loon was on here last year
That's him aye, magvicar. Jesus chris he was mental.
I'm not chris, Im BFT

I recall doing loads of limerics in the poetry thread once my Friday night alcohol had kicked in. There were some canny artists too who cracked out the cartoons ...

Who was that daft kernt that drew on his dog? I haven't a scotty doo.  Tongue

(16-01-2020, 07:29 PM)BFT Wrote:

Spackmatic = jackamatic

I actually cant remember how it started or what it was about but he had a right barney with Scriv once.  He started off cocky as fuck and so full of himself but by the end of it he was a gibbering wreck and I dont think he ever posted again.

I'm sure there was more to it than that but me memory's really hazy on it for some reason other than remembering it was funny as fuck.

Scoot - That was magvicar.  The loon was on here last year

LOL - I remember Spackamatic now!! I cant remember the exact detail, but I tore him a new arsehole. I found his website and sent a subliminal message by posting an image from it - summat daft like a table. He completely freaked out. I believe he's in a strait jacket now going wibble wobble. Big Grin

Oh aye!  I forgot all about his shitty website - it's all coming back to me now.  I remember posting bits of his customer reviews in the thread hoping he would bite again but he never did.
So wqas Mcvicar was he a mackem wind up or genuine toony...there were one r two mackems way back then
(16-01-2020, 11:55 PM)BFT Wrote: Oh aye!  I forgot all about his shitty website - it's all coming back to me now.  I remember posting bits of his customer reviews in the thread hoping he would bite again but he never did.

Didn't he brag about being an admin of 2 forums and a moderator in about 17 others or some other similar pathetic shit?

Yup that rings a bell scriv.  He really was a proper spack like

I think magvicar was a genuine toony and he even started up his own NUFC forum lol.  Unless I'm getting him mixed up with someone else

Nah it was definitely him cos I've just remembered how he got busted making fake accounts and talking to himself
That's why I remember that moderating nvq qualification shit I think. We were bouncing this off each other basically taking the piss out of Spacko. He nust have though. WTF have I taken on here? These guys take parody and BS to another level LOL

Thats just reminded of a thread on there when Mark was considering getting a new mod and everyone was discussing it.

You and me started going on about us applying for the job and writting a load of shite about NVQs etc and half the spacks on there totally believed we were being serious lol

How fucking thick do you have to be to read crap like that and not see it for what it is?

I remember Mighty Mag in particular properly mocking us for being so desperate to become mods
Sometimes for a laarf, I would post stuff and get a reaction. Then I would delete my posts so it looked like the respondent was talking gibberish. Deffy asked me (nicely to begin with) not to delete stuff as what followed appeared to be out of context. Naturally, I didn't and he became increasingly exasperated resulting in me doing it more often and him becoming more and more annoyed/abusive. God, talk about thick!

(17-01-2020, 10:06 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: Sometimes for a laarf, I would post stuff and get a reaction. Then I would delete my posts so it looked like the respondent was talking gibberish. Deffy asked me (nicely to begin with) not to delete stuff as what followed appeared to be out of context. Naturally, I didn't and he became increasingly exasperated resulting in me doing it more often and him becoming more and more annoyed/abusive. God, talk about thick!

I too was a bit of a post deleter at times but mainly due to illiterate drunken drivel on a par with TT Smile