The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The scale of wealth
I used to bang on about this on the old board, how obscenely rich some people are. I'd be accused of envy when it really is pure disgust at the scale of inequality. 

This site nicely puts it into perspective. https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

It's insane.
Not only insane, difficult and nigh on impossible to fathom...

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
If you earned £100,000 a year and paid no tax nor anything else on that, i.e. it went straight into the bank and stayed there it would take just 10 years to get to a million. To reach a billion would take 10,000 years. Jeff Bezos has 10x more wealth than if the first Homo Sapiens started saving £1m per year. That's around the time we left Africa according to current studies.
That's what happen with capitalism. The rich gets richer.
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ
As opposed to communism, where all men are equal.

Except some are more equal than others Big Grin 

The moral of the story, is life's a bitch. Its obscene that the filthy rich have more money than they can ever actually spend when those at the opposite end of the spectrum can barely exist

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
It used to be more balanced and has gotten worse over the past few decades.

Life is only a bitch because a really tiny fraction of the population make it so for the rest of mankind.
(03-05-2020, 09:31 PM)Scrivenator Wrote: As opposed to communism, where all men are equal.

Except some are more equal than others Big Grin 

The moral of the story, is life's a bitch. Its obscene that the filthy rich have more money than they can ever actually spend when those at the opposite end of the spectrum can barely exist

Well, I'm not communist neither i am a capitalist. In my humble opinion we need to find a more balanced system than we currently have.

(04-05-2020, 03:18 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: It used to be more balanced and has gotten worse over the past few decades.

Life is only a bitch because a really tiny fraction of the population make it so for the rest of mankind.

Agree with this.
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ