The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Super league
Can fuck right off.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
It'll be to football what the WWE is to wrestling. Narratives (off the pitch and quite likely on it too) driven by executives selling TV shows, not sporting spectacles. Eventually playoffs being held in 100k+ stadiums in Singapore, Dubai and Las fucking Vegas. Tickets costing over $1000 for a single match - you'll not find many from Urmston or Walthamstow attending.

By the looks of things these 6 clubs have seriously misjudged or completely disregarded their fans' feelings on this. It could very well backfire spectacularly.
I think you are generous when you say they have misjudged the fans feelings Soss. They couldn't give a flying fuck, its all about making as much coin as possible without competition. I think I read somewhere its getting payrolled by JP Morgan to the tune of 10 billion.

Its fucking laughable. The big so called "big 6" protected for the next 23 years irrespective of how underperforming they are? Very sporting that like. The whole concept is reprehensible at every level and has no place in the football or any other sporting Institution.

I would hope this is doomed to fail and never get off the ground, but the suddenness of the announcement from out of the blue demonstrates how advanced this has been and has clearly been contrived with Stasi levels of secrecy and is going to take some derailment. Nice to see the possibility of Government intervention.

Personally, if I had any clout as an organisational body, I wouldn't even enter into discussions - I would just boot them out of the Premier League and ban them from all competition and let them squalor in their little bubble. Fuck them. Here's a thought - I wonder if FIFA could tell these fucking lot that the rules of football are protected by patent and charge them extortionate royalties every time the referee blows his whistle.

It's around 3 billion but yeah it's being funded by JP Morgan.

Apparently they're referring to the fans as 'legacy fans' and catering for 'fans of the future' who will want big name players. I wonder how many of those big name players feel about not being allowed to play international football and competing for one trophy a season.
A good outcome for this shite (for now)