The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

NUFC Forum
World Cup - Printable Version

+- NUFC Forum (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Sports Bar (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General football (https://www.nufcforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: World Cup (/showthread.php?tid=976)

Pages: 1 2

World Cup - PozinBootz - 17-11-2022

Anyone else as disinterested as me in this sporting sham.

Disgraceful decision to hold it there....

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 18-11-2022

Can’t get very excited about it. The place is wrong, the timing is shit and to be honest it is all rather strange. As I am off on Monday I will probably watch the England game. The other 2 are later k.o. I think?

RE: World Cup - Scrivenator - 18-11-2022

It's as if it's not happening to me, there's just no feel, or vibe to it. Aside from that its beyond ridiculous to disrupt a domestic season half-term just to accommodate it. Should have been held in the summer, as tradition, end of in the words of BFT,

RE: World Cup - sossujrurl - 19-11-2022

I'm not all that enthusiastic about international tournaments anyway. I find them largely pretty dull and some of the games go beyond technical. This one, because of its timing and location along with the only feasible explanation for it: corruption. I give fewer fucks than usual.

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 21-11-2022

If Iran are ranked 20th in world there must be some proper shit teams below them. I guess Scotland are in that group. Thought England looked decent having said this.

RE: World Cup - sossujrurl - 22-11-2022

Their country's named after a A Flock of Seagulls song

RE: World Cup - PozinBootz - 23-11-2022

(22-11-2022, 06:07 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: Their country's named after a A Flock of Seagulls song

Really....what was that?

France for me after last night they look different class to the rest sadly

RE: World Cup - Scrivenator - 23-11-2022

Got me anarl

RE: World Cup - sossujrurl - 25-11-2022

(23-11-2022, 07:44 PM)exenrique Wrote: OK  I'll  fall  for  it 

I   RAN   (1982)

Smile Cool

Yeah. Great joke eh?

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 27-11-2022

Brazil for me.

RE: World Cup - Scrivenator - 29-11-2022

We'd better up our game against the leek munchers. We were woeful against USA. Southgate is clueless, but he ticks the political correctness box. Does he have a problem with Foden? He is too loyal to Kane anarl. We should destroy these on paper, but our tactics are shite.

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 29-11-2022

I bet it’s a draw 1-1. Hope it’s not but we will play too cautiously and be happy with a point well the manager will be no other fucka will be.

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 29-11-2022

Pleased I didn’t have an actual bet decent result good 2nd half to be fair. Wales were shit having said this.

RE: World Cup - exenrique - 09-12-2022

Samba  boys  on  the  way  home Huh Cool

RE: World Cup - sossujrurl - 09-12-2022

Dancing twats

RE: World Cup - Scrivenator - 10-12-2022

Is anyone confident about us beating France? I'm not!

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 10-12-2022

Well we should have won but as usual we didn’t. Back to the Premiership howay the lads.

RE: World Cup - Scrivenator - 11-12-2022

Kieran Trippier scores that free kick...

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 12-12-2022

He’s saving it for 26th December!!

RE: World Cup - PozinBootz - 13-12-2022

Despite my opening remarks I enjoyed the games last weekend.

I do have invested cash on France and Argies like so definitely Croatia Morocco final now...Sad

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 16-12-2022

Your cash is safe.

RE: World Cup - Scrivenator - 16-12-2022

Lump it all on Hugo Lloris to score!!

RE: World Cup - surreymag - 18-12-2022

Good game for a final it had a bit of everything. Not bothered who won but I did win £20 for Croatia coming 3rd haha!

RE: World Cup - sossujrurl - 19-12-2022

It was surprisingly good for a final, they're usually quite tentative. I was edging for Argentina just because I didn't want France to win two in a row, although I wasn't all that bothered by it. It'll take them decades to get '6 in a row marra' and equal the mackems' record of their World Cup final.

RE: World Cup - Scrivenator - 19-12-2022

Although a neutral, I leaned towards favouring Argentina to win, principally because I thought it would be fitting for Messi to add the world cup medal as a pinnacle to compliment and complete an outstanding career.

That was a great game to watch.