The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
Anyone else as disinterested as me in this sporting sham.

Disgraceful decision to hold it there....
Can’t get very excited about it. The place is wrong, the timing is shit and to be honest it is all rather strange. As I am off on Monday I will probably watch the England game. The other 2 are later k.o. I think?
It's as if it's not happening to me, there's just no feel, or vibe to it. Aside from that its beyond ridiculous to disrupt a domestic season half-term just to accommodate it. Should have been held in the summer, as tradition, end of in the words of BFT,

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
I'm not all that enthusiastic about international tournaments anyway. I find them largely pretty dull and some of the games go beyond technical. This one, because of its timing and location along with the only feasible explanation for it: corruption. I give fewer fucks than usual.
If Iran are ranked 20th in world there must be some proper shit teams below them. I guess Scotland are in that group. Thought England looked decent having said this.
Their country's named after a A Flock of Seagulls song
(22-11-2022, 06:07 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: Their country's named after a A Flock of Seagulls song

Really....what was that?

France for me after last night they look different class to the rest sadly
Got me anarl

(23-11-2022, 07:44 PM)exenrique Wrote: OK  I'll  fall  for  it 

I   RAN   (1982)

Smile Cool

Yeah. Great joke eh?
Brazil for me.
We'd better up our game against the leek munchers. We were woeful against USA. Southgate is clueless, but he ticks the political correctness box. Does he have a problem with Foden? He is too loyal to Kane anarl. We should destroy these on paper, but our tactics are shite.

I bet it’s a draw 1-1. Hope it’s not but we will play too cautiously and be happy with a point well the manager will be no other fucka will be.
Pleased I didn’t have an actual bet decent result good 2nd half to be fair. Wales were shit having said this.
Samba  boys  on  the  way  home Huh Cool
Dancing twats
Is anyone confident about us beating France? I'm not!

Well we should have won but as usual we didn’t. Back to the Premiership howay the lads.
Kieran Trippier scores that free kick...

He’s saving it for 26th December!!
Despite my opening remarks I enjoyed the games last weekend.

I do have invested cash on France and Argies like so definitely Croatia Morocco final now...Sad
Your cash is safe.
Lump it all on Hugo Lloris to score!!

Good game for a final it had a bit of everything. Not bothered who won but I did win £20 for Croatia coming 3rd haha!
It was surprisingly good for a final, they're usually quite tentative. I was edging for Argentina just because I didn't want France to win two in a row, although I wasn't all that bothered by it. It'll take them decades to get '6 in a row marra' and equal the mackems' record of their World Cup final.
Although a neutral, I leaned towards favouring Argentina to win, principally because I thought it would be fitting for Messi to add the world cup medal as a pinnacle to compliment and complete an outstanding career.

That was a great game to watch.