The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m a puff
Depression is awful about 6 years ago I went into work sat at my desk and just broke down in tears. I had known there was something wrong for a long time but just muddled through. I went straight home saw the doctor who told me I had clinical depression. I took tablets for a long time probably too long thinking about it now.

I could not cope for about 4 months. I was convinced that everyone was looking at me and judging me. My wife worked for the local Mental Health team and was able to help me. My sleep pattern was very irratic and I just wanted to be left alone. I kept a diary which I still have and also went for counselling for a 6 week period. My work put me in touch with her and were quite supportive in general. I was scared of my own shadow and cried a lot. It was an extremely difficult time in my life. I think I had been masking the problem for years by binge drinking at weekends and putting a brave face on it for the rest of the time. Mine was to do with work and bereavement issues. I have a handle on it now but can still find myself spiralling at times. I have strategies to deal with it now but it’s still there at the back of my mind.

Never be afraid to talk about these things it doesn’t make people inadequate,the opposite in my opinion as it shows that you are trying to find answers and solutions to the illness.

Messages In This Thread
I’m a puff - by The Turd - 08-03-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: I’m a puff - by sossujrurl - 09-03-2020, 06:25 AM
RE: I’m a puff - by Scrivenator - 09-03-2020, 09:58 AM
RE: I’m a puff - by surreymag - 09-03-2020, 06:41 PM
RE: I’m a puff - by BFT - 25-03-2020, 05:34 PM