The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Villa (a)
Would bite yer arm off for 4 points from the next two matches (with the 3 pts preferably coming against spuds)

I've just got this daft feeling we'll either win both or completely fuck it up and lose both  Undecided
I think it will be a 1-1 draw but what do I know! For the record I hope we stuff them.
Well we certainly fucked up today poorest performance of the season. Massive games to come so let’s just right this one off!
well  beaten  

Bournemouth  did  us a  great  favour  Cool Sad
They certainly did Brighton and Villa as much a threat as Spurs I think.
Poor show...sack the board
We got turned over well and proper, just weren't ticking over. I think Bruno is protecting an injury. Its a hiccup and inevitably happens from time to time. Luckily Spurs got turned over. It was as funny as fuck when they conceded the third goal, wiped the smile right off their faces. Smile Smile Smile

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
Really was a shocker that like. I'm just praying we turn up next week and beat them spursy barstewards
I didn't see the vanilla game. By all accounts they were in our faces from the off and we never got settled because they kept up their intensity throughout. We couldn't get a grip on the game and as already said it happens. The stars lined up for them, not for us.

It wasn't so long ago in living memory when this was the norm for us and taking the points at Brentford would have been a total anomaly. It's a gentle reminder not to become too entitled. For the most part our fans have been humble in defeat and have praised Villa. Likewise some Villa fans are cheerleading us "gate crashing" this revered "big 6" bullshit. The quotes are there to emphasise the ludicrousness in the use of such language. We're gate crashing nowt. We're there on merit and if we finish the season there it will be on merit.

Maybe they should be renamed the "too big for their boots 6" after their attempts to create that super league where only they got to decide who participated in it. I wish they had in a way, see how many of their loyal fans would fork out travelling to Singapore for the 10th time that season.

Money invested well can be beneficial. Competition is healthy. Using capital to remove competition is detrimental.
You mentioning this breakaway league stirred a memory somewhere in the back of my head. Wasn't there talk back in the day that Freddy Shephard amongst other high profile clubs of the time seriously musing over this idea and the prospect of us being included in a breakaway group could have become a reality?

I think then, like now, it would have been protested by the fans.
I don't disagree. Its not something I would endorse - but I'm sure Freddie mooted the idea if memory serves me right, which i was trying to clarify. A terrible idea in every aspect if true.

Oh yeah I can believe Freddie would have been all for something like that. He used to love bigging the club up. I remember something about him going on about the players that were desperate to play for Newcastle, then failed in a high profile attempt to sign Wayne Rooney.

I like how these current chaps are going about things.