The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcastle Brown
l recently went to the drs and she(young and keen) told me I had to lose weight. I love Guinness 210 cals a pint. I looked at alternative drinks. Decided on Newcastle Brown ale at 135 cals a bottle. Just in on the back of a few bottles of dog it is certainly still fly home material.
Pity there's nothing about Newcastle in it these days.
(30-06-2018, 02:53 PM)Big aRSe Wrote: Pity there's nothing about Newcastle in it these days.

Yes I know it’s heineken who make it these days soI believe? Strange but still tastes the same and has the desired effect if last night is anything to go by Big Grin Angel
(30-06-2018, 08:13 PM)surreymag Wrote:
(30-06-2018, 02:53 PM)Big aRSe Wrote: Pity there's nothing about Newcastle in it these days.

Yes I know it’s heineken who make it these days soI believe? Strange but still tastes the same and has the desired effect if last night is anything to go by Big Grin Angel

Beware though of the after effects , Boney M summed it up perfectly in one of their songs, Brown Ale stings your Ring La la la la la ,Brown ale stings your ring , and it puts little blisters on your Bum, bum bum Big Grin
It's brewed in Tadcaster. It used to be brewed as two separate beers that were blended together. I'm not sure if it still is.
(30-06-2018, 10:22 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: It's brewed in Tadcaster. It used to be brewed as two separate beers that were blended together. I'm not sure if it still is.

Is that in North Yorkshire? I could look it up on a map but can’t be arsed to do that  Big Grin
Aye it's almost equidistant between York and Leeds.
I have a slight headache today brown ale has played its part. I think I will stop drinking it and stick to lager top in this hot weather.
A nice, cold porter is what you need.
(07-07-2018, 11:27 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: A nice, cold porter is what you need.

There you go Soss mate , anything you desire, https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search...tion=click
(07-07-2018, 09:52 AM)surreymag Wrote: I have a slight headache today brown ale has played its part. I think I will stop drinking it and stick to lager top in this hot weather.

I have just had a pleasant Friday on Carling top beers. Brown ale is a memory and as l am going to Spain soon good choice the lager that is Big Grin
I'm an ex lager drinker who now enjoys "session" pale ales and "blondes". We have some super local ales. Almasty is a favourite, Tyneside blonde and I think it's Anarchy blonde are good substitutes for random lager
(15-07-2018, 07:56 AM)Big aRSe Wrote: I'm an ex lager drinker who now enjoys "session" pale ales and "blondes". We have some super local ales. Almasty is a favourite, Tyneside blonde and I think it's Anarchy blonde are good substitutes for random lager

Are these pale ales in bottles or on draught. I used to drink light and bitter years ago as you always got extra amounts of beer. Was a favourite for hard up students back in the day where I studied. Not the best drink in the world that’s for sure but drink enough of anything alcoholic and it will do the job. Smile
Drafty. I prefer real pubs these days so frequent the Ouseburn quite a bit. "Pleased to meet you" has some cracking beers on draught mind
(15-07-2018, 09:35 PM)Big aRSe Wrote: Drafty. I prefer real pubs these days so frequent the Ouseburn quite a bit. "Pleased to meet you" has some cracking beers on draught mind

Me an Scoots at Spuds game - anyone fancy a pint then?
(15-07-2018, 10:34 PM)PozinBootz Wrote:
(15-07-2018, 09:35 PM)Big aRSe Wrote: Drafty. I prefer real pubs these days so frequent the Ouseburn quite a bit. "Pleased to meet you" has some cracking beers on draught mind

Me an Scoots at Spuds game - anyone fancy a pint then?

Aye. It's been a while!!
Was drinking Estrella Damm on hols that’s a nice drop of beer. Not sure that I spelt that right.
Starry woman?
(21-08-2018, 08:43 AM)sossujrurl Wrote: Starry woman?

Yes something like that I was seeing stars one night after a few too many. I like the way the Spanish drink their beer they seem to savour it just like us pre NUFC match Shy