The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cup
I wonder what sort of team we will put out against Oxford. A few seasons ago Oxford played my local team in the first round mega excitement for a place with only 8,000 population. Didn’t end well Oxford won 5-0. The same year we lost 3-0 in the 4th round to them. Let’s hope for a better result this time round. Big Grin
Its an interesting one and I would hate to second guess cabbage heeds approach. If it were me I think I might be inclined to go three at the back, 4 or 5 in midfield and 2 or three up top. A strong midfield both to contain the play then shift the ball forwards quickly would be my game plan.

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
Fuk me if they are as bad as the mackems tonight it should be comfortable... What a shit league

I'm gonna do a Scriv and say 4-0 if we turn up
(24-01-2020, 11:30 PM)Pozzysback Wrote: Fuk me if they are as bad as the mackems tonight it should be comfortable... What a shit league

I'm gonna do a Scriv and say 4-0 if we turn up

Didn't turn up hope the Arabs do Big Grin
Lucky to get a draw according to the chaps on the bbc.
See the replay is on bbc 1 oh dear they will be looking for an upset. Wonder if Mr. S will be part of the panel?
Here we go again shyte football with possible lucky result FAB Scott
Entertaining game which we almost fucked up. Brilliant winning goal having said this.
(04-02-2020, 10:57 PM)surreymag Wrote: Entertaining game which we almost fucked up. Brilliant winning goal having said this.

Highlight had to be the WillyWaver in the toon end

Get yer cocks oot for the lads Big Grin
Proper bellend that lad. Big Grin
I  expect  he'd had  four  skins  load  of  beer     Big Grin
He thought he was watching the stiffs.
(06-02-2020, 08:06 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: He thought he was watching the stiffs.

West Brom tonight and Bruce is beginning to sound like he's losing the plot and the players.
Still for once maybe the backing of 5000 fans will get us into the quarters ffs West Brom are at least as shyte as us
I enjoyed that game although we don’t make it easy. Still quarter final game to look forward to a happy watch for a change!
Miggy and ASM are dynamite. MOM for me was Miggy, its no coincidence he performs at his best in his natural position as a number 10. Wonder if wor Bruce manages to see the obvious?
We still managed to lose it after we subbed off our two best players and there man kinovocik or whatever he's called made one hell of an impression and had a massive impact on their game. I really liked the look of their Phillips as well, their best player I thought.

What  was  Bruce  thinking  taking  miggy  off ? Despite  being  a  constant  goal  threat, he  was

constantly  dragging  their  defence  and  midfield  out  of  position.Thus allowing  our  midfield  to

play  higher  up. So  instead we  add  another  midfielder.  W.B.A.  must  have  thought  xmas  had  come  early

resulting  in  us  being  under  a  30 min  barrage. I'm  afraid  Bruce  has  lost  it  (if  he  ever  had  it  ).
(04-03-2020, 07:56 PM)exenrique Wrote: What  was  Bruce  thinking  taking  miggy  off ? Despite  being  a  constant  goal  threat, he  was

constantly  dragging  their  defence  and  midfield  out  of  position.Thus allowing  our  midfield  to

play  higher  up. So  instead we  add  another  midfielder.  W.B.A.  must  have  thought  xmas  had  come  early

resulting  in  us  being  under  a  30 min  barrage. I'm  afraid  Bruce  has  lost  it  (if  he  ever  had  it  ).

Just a bit excitement man he was worried the home crowd had become bored ...top top tactics imo Big Grin
(04-03-2020, 07:56 PM)exenrique Wrote: What  was  Bruce  thinking  taking  miggy  off ? Despite  being  a  constant  goal  threat, he  was

I thought it a good idea to sub off Miggy on principle, on the basis that the game was, or should have been effectively over, then save him for the next game, same as with ASM, as they are our best outfield attacking players.

The problem is, we are severely lacking in quality in depth as a squad and so don't have comparable like for like players as subs which is more telling and a major worry.

I'd forgotten all about the draw last night an have just checked. We've got Man Citeh. 

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile  Smile

Yes easy draw. At least if we get beat it will not be a surprise.
A decent little cup run is a nice distraction from the utter shite in the league.
and distraction from the shite owner too... it's convenient
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ
Well, Man shitty today. Anyone else agree this is the day our cup "run" ends?

At least we didn't get humiliated.

Although the first half performace is quite humiliating...
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ
It was better 2nd half and that miss by Gayle oops. They are some side to watch Man City but they do have a mistake in them at the back. Can’t see Arsenal halting their progress their defence is shocking. I predict Man City v Chelsea final. Another season fizzles out.
Kevin de Bruyne.

Best player in the League by a country mile. Arguably the best in the world shaded by Messi