The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man C v Toon
Harsh  reminder  that  we  have  some  way  to  go  bsfore  we  can  play  with  the  big  boys   Sad Cool
They were relentless 3-0 seemed ok 5-0 is a hammering really they are so far ahead of us.
I watched the first half and was satisfied that we were at least giving them a game. I didn't watch the second half.

What I can say is getting a hammering is a lot easier to take when we aren't staring down the barrel of the relegation bazooka. Things looked bleak after the reverse fixture, 10 points from 18 games and relegation more likely than not despite the takeover. Our next league defeat didn't happen for another 10 games and almost 3 months, a narrow (and undeserved) loss away to Chelsea followed by that weird fucking Everton game. 21 points we stuck on the board during that period, a phenomenal resurgence. A hammering off Spurs then maximum points from the next four games has us on the heady heights of 43, nine points above the drop zone and although we are still not mathematically safe it would take a remarkable set of results to make relegation true.

Mind, we are talking about Newcastle so I wouldn't rule anything out!
At least 5 years before Newcastle in the same level as Man City imo
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ
We are now officially safe haha. Leeds losing means their max points will only be 40  Big Grin Big Grin