The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January purchases
I think the pursuit of Maddison will continue.
My own wish is for Diaby to come in up front but I've read it may not happen till the summer.

Any others?
I think we should sign players that you can have a good old moan about not pulling their weight then go for a piss and they score when you're gone Big Grin

I'd love a clinical striker that we can keep fit for more than a few cameo appearances per season but they seem very few and far between these days. We seem to be struggling with teams that defend deep and press our midfielders as we approach the last third right now. I reckon Perez from 5 or 6 years ago would do well in this squad, just generally being an arsehole around the 18 yard box, harassing defenders and opening gaps. There'd actually be players able to take advantage of that now. Although Joelinton is doing his fair share of shitehousing Big Grin

I haven't really been keeping tabs on football other than us for a while now - what's been the point at looking at even mediocre players in other teams for the past 15 years? I'm still adjusting to the new reality. As much as I like Miggy I'd like to see someone able to whip in a quick cross with their right foot from that side, other than Trippier on the overlap. Cutting in isn't an element of surprise when you can only deliver with your left.
I would love it to sign a playmaker with the quality of du bruyne

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
I've heard some rumour that the Saudi finally will make a hollywood signing this January. And that was before the Ronaldo fiasco, so no it's not about Ronaldo.

PS : Glad to see this forum still live and kicking Smile
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ
i wouldn't want Ronaldo anywhere near this club, he doesn't fit the character profile

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
I don't want Hollywood signings that threaten to antagonise the dressing room harmony.
There's rumour in twitter that Bassedas is in Newcastle to finalise Maximo Perrone's deal
ꦆꦫꦼꦁ ꦥꦼꦠꦏ꧀ ꦏꦼꦭꦩ꧀ꦧꦶꦏꦸ
Whoever comes in will find it difficult to get a start unless we have a sudden drop in form which may happen.
(28-11-2022, 01:43 PM)surreymag Wrote: Whoever comes in will find it difficult to get a start unless we have a sudden drop in form which may happen.

I'm free Smile