The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball. Cricket on steroids
A man’s sport. Cricket and rounders are cute. But like all things English, we took your inventions and made them better. Just like Ford vs Aston Martin. 

So the Padres are in yet another rebuilding mode. Only this time the kids look like doing something. Caribbean wunderkid Margot looks like a gem, and young Austin Hedges looks like a power hitting gorilla in the making. If Meyes and Homer stay healthy and find their bats, we might surprise a few teams, and genuinely compete for a playoff spot in 1-2 years. Thoughts? Who do you have as favorites, as well as  early season predictions for division champs...
I don't know because after the first ceremonial ball is pitched by a celebrity, nobody seems to care and they all just go back to eating hotdogs and drinking piss weak beer while some blokes in fancy pants and little caps fuck about with a ball and a stick.
Dont kid yourself. The Padres are going nowhere this year.
(26-04-2018, 08:59 PM)sossujrurl Wrote: I don't know because after the first ceremonial ball is pitched by a celebrity, nobody seems to care and they all just go back to eating hotdogs and drinking piss weak beer while some blokes in fancy pants and little caps fuck about with a ball and a stick.

Bit like cricket on a bad day. Lots of blokes in fancy hats doing bugger all down under this winter. As for baseball I don’t know much about the game. I have played Softball before the ball is not that soft I broke a finger playing it once.
A “softball” will break your finger. We play a game on the beaches down here called “over the line”. It’s played barehand with no gloves. I dislocated my pinkie finger catching a line drive one day and my girlfriend and her girlfriend (yes) had to pop it back as I looked away ?

Carts man!! You actually follow baseball? Or does all of Australia know we suck too?
Yeah man. Watched a lot of baseball over the years would love to watch more but it's on a bad time. During the middle of the day. Followed the Yankees mainly. Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera. The Boston rivalry. Classic stuff man. Sweeping your boys in the 98 World Series.
You fuking what?? Grrrrrrr fuking Yankees. Fuk me never had you down as a glory hunter. Tell me, do you cheer for Microsoft too? Cheer for gravity? Yeah gravity wins again!! I was flying home from Ecuador a few years back, sat next to an American in a ManU cap. I’m like fuck me, you cheer for the Yankees too you glory hunter.? He starts giggling and unzipped his sweater to reveal a Yankees top. My brother in law was with me and started to LOL. I almost stoved the fukers Head in.
We gave you Morris Dancing. You turned it into Line dancing...

What do we want? Easter bonnets! When do we want em? Xmas!!
But never gave us rapper dancing fuking hold outs
Did you see any on your travels?
Yes in fact I did!! Thought I shared the story with you. Was walking around Toon and heard a ruckus inside a pub. I recognized the ruckus from the vids you sent me Soss. I will describe the ruckus if any are interested. Describe the ruckus! And points to any spakk that recognizes which movie I stole that last line from.
I haven't got a clue. I'll ask Mr Vernon.
https://youtu.be/zEHczKoBM5s
Ah it was Mr Vernon Wink